• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy OEM Stihl 056 Super Piston or Piston/Cylinder set

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasser82

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for a good used or new OEM Stihl 056 Super Piston PN: 1115 030 2002 or OEM Piston/Cylinder set. Can be any designation as I have OEM "B" and "C" cylinders. Picked up a used OEM "B" piston and cylinder last week but unfortunately the piston has a crack...and the "C" piston is scored and missing a piece of the intake skirt...

I realize they're scarce, hoping someone can help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Oh fiddy six only had a few top ends, 52, 54, and 56mm as I recall. I think Mag and Super are both 54mm so your top end should work. We've been getting some rain and it's been in the low 30's to high 20's these mornings, this morning my car doors were all frozen shut!

Winter!!

Same happened here yesterday. I had to breathe on my truck-topper's lock to loosen it. Considering how late of rains we've had the last several years, it's a nice change of pace. We're hoping a rougher winter will scare off the yuppies invading So- and No-Hum.

Oh fiddy six only had a few top ends, 52, 54, and 56mm as I recall. I think Mag and Super are both 54mm so your top end should work. We've been getting some rain and it's been in the low 30's to high 20's these mornings, this morning my car doors were all frozen shut!
I looked at some of the tech notes I got from @ray benson. Looks like the super is 54mm and magII is 56mm. If you don't have those tech notes ask Ray. Lots of little changes they did on the 56's in there.

I looked at some of the tech notes I got from @ray benson. Looks like the super is 54mm and magII is 56mm. If you don't have those tech notes ask Ray. Lots of little changes they did on the 56's in there.
My belief as well. Magnum cases are different and will Not interchange with Super (54mm) unless you are capable of some serious dinkering. I have a 045 super (In parts) and IIRC it is a 54mm. Not for sale just for the Info.

I'm not sure of all the details and distinctions, but this is a Magnum, not Magnum II, if that matters.

The saw this came on had a worn plate. The AVS designation was legible, but impossible to tell if Magnum was on the tag it was worn so bad.

No worries if it won't work for you. Thanks TRT for the additional info.

Visual aid:20221203_082328.jpg

I left it larger resolution so you should be able to zoom easily. Skirt was also coming in at 55mm or so. Thousandths might be a better unit of measure.

I'm not sure of all the details and distinctions, but this is a Magnum, not Magnum II, if that matters.

The saw this came on had a worn plate. The AVS designation was legible, but impossible to tell if Magnum was on the tag it was worn so bad.

No worries if it won't work for you. Thanks TRT for the additional info.
I read here on AS (or somewhere) that very few if any were really a "Magnum" but that some after market Badges did not include "II" after the Magnum. I am not 100% positive but to date I have yet to see a serial # that is 9 digit starting with 114 xxx xxx or 115 xxx xxx and up that doesn't have a 56mm p/c. I also believe that 113 xxx xxx were supers but all except the 56mm piston and cylinder will readily interchange on them so the only way to be sure is to measure them.
I am open to any and all info on this idea.
The 045/056 saws had a slew of changes. Similar to the VW bug - they looked a lot alike but aren't.

Visual aid:View attachment 1037239

I left it larger resolution so you should be able to zoom easily. Skirt was also coming in at 55mm or so. Thousandths might be a better unit of measure.
Looks to be 55.5 mm (more or less) I need a new battery for my verniers , I was going to measure a new OEM piston but that will have to wait.

My belief as well. Magnum cases are different and will Not interchange with Super (54mm) unless you are capable of some serious dinkering. I have a 045 super (In parts) and IIRC it is a 54mm. Not for sale just for the Info.

That is correct - the Magnum top end is 56mm and will not plug and play on the Super crankcase.

I read here on AS (or somewhere) that very few if any were really a "Magnum" but that some after market Badges did not include "II" after the Magnum. I am not 100% positive but to date I have yet to see a serial # that is 9 digit starting with 114 xxx xxx or 115 xxx xxx and up that doesn't have a 56mm p/c. I also believe that 113 xxx xxx were supers but all except the 56mm piston and cylinder will readily interchange on them so the only way to be sure is to measure them.
I am open to any and all info on this idea.
The 045/056 saws had a slew of changes. Similar to the VW bug - they looked a lot alike but aren't.

Yea, I did some additional searching yesterday morning and found conflicting info.

Though most people seem to think the magnums only had 56mm top ends. There are multiple instances of others saying it has 54mm Magnum.

Always a chance a few squeaked by, but 99%+ seem to be 56mm.

Yea, I did some additional searching yesterday morning and found conflicting info.

Though most people seem to think the magnums only had 56mm top ends. There are multiple instances of others saying it has 54mm Magnum.

Always a chance a few squeaked by, but 99%+ seem to be 56mm.
Thanks again guys. This all confirms my thoughts as well. Since I picked up the saw I've learned quite a bit about this series, and more thanks to you all.

I'll continue to disassemble and clean everything for now before shelving it. Like many others I have no shortage of other saws to tinker away on. :)

Cheers!!
Chad

Latest posts

Back