(OFF post) Design issues..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goanin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The feeling you get when you use your wood stove is one of the major advantages of woodheating. It is important to design the area with good taste, emphasizing both the practicle and the beautiful. I know it's a bit off, but I need some opinions and advices from anyone who would be willing to provide them:

Here is the stove area.
We want to paint the wall(s) with a brown-bronze color.
As you can see, C doesn't start at the corner of the AB walls.

What whould you do?
- cover the ACD area?
- cover the ABCD area?
- cover only the ABD area?
- ....others?

Adam

Acd

I would cover the ACD area and just draw a line at the top of C to the corner of A. Then B can be its own color. I am by no means a decorator but I think it would look good this way. I am just glad I did not have to put up the sheet rock and mud all those joints.

I agree...it looks fine to me but some clearance to combustibles seem a little close.

I agree on the clearance issue - seems too close but the angle of the photo may be deceptive. Does the flooring have an R-value for heat resistance or is that just vinyl flooring? If vinyl, better nix that and look into at least a hearth mat depending on your stoves R requirements.

Shari

I would leave it like it is. I heard hillary is over there now so the palistakistans could be liven there before she leaves. Could ya'll keep her.

Really I like white, but I have no taste is what my wife says.

Personally, I like it the way it is. But my kids tell me I'm monochromatic when it comes to fashion (don't know why they say that, I have both blue and brown shirts).
If it must be painted I would consider running a shallow square column (batten) up "B" from the top of "C" to the ceiling, then paint ACD, the column and the small strip of "B" to the right of the column.
Don't forget to post an "after" pic :)

Personally, I like it the way it is. But my kids tell me I'm monochromatic when it comes to fashion (don't know why they say that, I have both blue and brown shirts).
If it must be painted I would consider running a shallow square column (batten) up "B" from the top of "C" to the ceiling, then paint ACD, the column and the small strip of "B" to the right of the column.
Don't forget to post an "after" pic :)

I will post an 'after pic' and it's probably gonna look like that. Great advice man!! Thank you!

Back