Oh Mannnnn, It Never Stops

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if these are the same morons that talked my ear off a couple years ago thinking I was totally on there side and that the grin I was giving them was one of brotherly love and not sheer irony...

Remember kids don't judge a book by its cover... yes I have long hair, and a shaggy assed beard, it however does not mean I'm a tree hugging, bunny petting, granola cruntching, don't use soap cause its bad for the fishies, dope smoking, you should change your ways cause god, budha,
gandhi and jeebus said your a bad man, dirt collecting hippie... just sayin...

As far as the whole oh they wouldn't let us advertise boo hoo... of course not the port of portland is a major stop for export (I might add private) timber, would be a little conflict of interest wouldn't it, and they had an already existing ban on religious and political adds...

Get over it allready

Tree huggers......Pffffft. I wish I was a millionaire so I could put up a bill board that said Slap a Hippie!!

ACTION is needed. If you go to the web site on their board, there is a Take Action tab or something similar. Go there and I think you click on another action button. That will take you to a message. I could not edit it but, there is a place for comments. I filled that out and sent it in.
You might want to do the same, just for kicks. Remember, ACTION is needed now. :D

the general public needs to be educated about forest products and practice. if the public was educated instead of bombarded by opinion these type of ads would cease to exist.

I would imagine that Oregon is similar. I came to the conclusion that 70% of our population moved here from other states. Later, I read something that confirmed this.

They "gotta change" stuff to jive with the fantasy wilderness they moved here for. :bang: Meanwhile the interstates have to be widened to fit the burgeoning population. Hence my Don't Move Here campaign. We're full up.

it's the same over here ya'll. they want the charm of the eastern shore then they try to change it. built bridges and two and three lane highways, small towns now running together. i'm getting a bit clostraphobic. I ain't even gonna try to spell that any better.

I would imagine that Oregon is similar. I came to the conclusion that 70% of our population moved here from other states. Later, I read something that confirmed this.

They "gotta change" stuff to jive with the fantasy wilderness they moved here for. :bang: Meanwhile the interstates have to be widened to fit the burgeoning population. Hence my Don't Move Here campaign. We're full up.

Aren't you the same person who told me to compromise when I had a new neighbor who moved in next door to me and wanted me to stop running my saws? Didn't you say I was unreasonable for not embracing her wish for the fantasy wilderness she moved to the country to enjoy.
I believe your exact words were "it's called compromise people."

Now you are using exactly the same argument you criticized me, rather strenuously, for.
I guess when It's YOU, it's different?

Just to be clear, I have no use for the people who are trying to change your lifestyle.
If given the opportunity, I'd kick each and every one of them square in the ass.

I'm only pointing out that you attacked me for doing precisely what you're doing now.
I believe in the simplest terms that makes you a hypocrite.

Aren't you the same person who told me to compromise when I had a new neighbor who moved in next door to me and wanted me to stop running my saws? Didn't you say I was unreasonable for not embracing her wish for the fantasy wilderness she moved to the country to enjoy.
I believe your exact words were "it's called compromise people."

Now you are using exactly the same argument you criticized me, rather strenuously, for.
I guess when It's YOU, it's different?

Just to be clear, I have no use for the people who are trying to change your lifestyle.
If given the opportunity, I'd kick each and everyone of them square in the ass.

I'm only pointing out that you attacked me for doing precisely what you're doing now.
I believe in the simplest terms that makes you a hypocrite.

We HAVE compromised. We as in folks who make a living in the woods. Look up Northwest Forest Plan. Look up Washington State Forest Practices Act. Plus, I don't aggravate my neighbors on purpose, nor do they do that to me. I know that they will be sighting in their rifles soon.
I expect that. They don't shoot every day during all hours. My dog will sometimes bark at 0 dark thirty when he goes out. They do not complain. I call him back in and it stops. We are polite. We have people who go to work very early in the morning so the area is pretty quiet early in the evening.

I don't air my dirty laundry or whine about my neighbors on an internet forum. Getting along with my neighbors is important here because we are a very small community that gets cut off by disasters once in a while. Then we go to work helping each other.

Nope, I would say that environmentalists trying to sway more folks to prevent a well researched and proven method of reforestation has very little in common with a little neighborhood spat and retaliation in that spat, and boasting about it on a public forum. You are clutching at straws.

Lifestyles will change. Mine has quite a few times. You either go with it and make the best, or you get a lot of aggravation, ulcers and perhaps an early death. Compromise.

Are you an Earth First member? They don't believe in Compromise.

Hypocrite? I think not. I still believe in compromise. I don't believe in overpopulation of our fair state. I shall encourage folks who want to move to move to Texas. It has more room. Nothing wrong with Texas, right?

Last edited:
We HAVE compromised. We as in folks who make a living in the woods. Look up Northwest Forest Plan. Look up Washington State Forest Practices Act. Plus, I don't aggravate my neighbors on purpose, nor do they do that to me. I know that they will be sighting in their rifles soon.
I expect that. They don't shoot every day during all hours. My dog will sometimes bark at 0 dark thirty when he goes out. They do not complain. I call him back in and it stops. We are polite. We have people who go to work very early in the morning so the area is pretty quiet early in the evening.

I don't air my dirty laundry or whine about my neighbors on an internet forum. Getting along with my neighbors is important here because we are a very small community that gets cut off by disasters once in a while. Then we go to work helping each other.

Nope, I would say that environmentalists trying to sway more folks to prevent a well researched and proven method of reforestation has very little in common with a little neighborhood spat and retaliation in that spat, and boasting about it on a public forum. You my dear boy, are clutching at straws.

Lifestyles will change. Mine has quite a few times. You either go with it and make the best, or you get a lot of aggravation, ulcers and perhaps an early death. Compromise.

Are you an Earth First member? They don't believe in Compromise.

Hypocrite? I think not. I still believe in compromise. I don't believe in overpopulation of our fair state. I shall encourage folks who want to move to move to Texas. It has more room. Nothing wrong with Texas, right?

What I was pointing out, was that you said I should Change my lifestyle to accommodate my new neighbors wishes. You said I was unreasonable for not embracing her wants. I heat with wood, if I don't cut my family is cold.
It's no different than you not shutting down the logging industry to accommodate the wishes of Earth First. If you don't log, you don't eat.
When I made the argument you viewed it as unreasonable.
When you make the same argument, it's suddenly valid?
As for airing dirty laundry and whining, it's not germane to this discussion and I can only assume that you drug it in to distract from the issue. Besides aren't you whining about the environmentalists?
Again, if I do it it's wrong, if you do it it's alright, because it's you.
I stand by my statements and my conclusion.

Again, I don't buy into the line of crap the environmentalists spew.
My only reason for broaching the issue was to point out the hypocrisy of your statement.

it's the same over here ya'll. they want the charm of the eastern shore then they try to change it. built bridges and two and three lane highways, small towns now running together. i'm getting a bit clostraphobic. I ain't even gonna try to spell that any better.

We have the same problem here. People from away move in and want to change EVERYTHING.
Luckily the other day I had a chance to explain to a couple of laides some truths abouts forests/logging.
Like: there are more forests than 100 years ago, when a tree dies it releases all the CO2 anyway, (so they
cant use the arguement against woodstoves and such), certain spieces die after so many years and need to be harvested
anyway, and tree/forest management is better than ever.

Ah, Oregon. Errr... I mean "The I-5 corridor from Portland to Eugene". Oregon is a big place, much bigger than that tiny populated area. I do wish folks in The City would go outside more, like they say the do in their Facebook profiles. It would be an excellent way to see how things such as "forests" work. Maybe they could ask a friend or neighbor who knows about such things to come along and explain what they're seeing. I know that every time I go into the woods with somebody not familiar with the way things work, they spend the whole time going "No ####?" as I explain the complex dynamics of what a "forest" is. I can say with some certainty that I have made a good many more friends than enemies with this approach, even among the "green" crowd.

Being the gypo I am, most of my work is for people who describe themselves as tree huggers... And then mark more trees to cut, especially after that first check from the mill.

As far as compromise,

Northwest loggers have been compromising for 20+ years, the enviromentals have never backed down and never compromised, they are well funded by bleeding heart millionaires that get a tax credit for supporting nonprofits, so fighting them in court is an uphill battle. Especially with bogus and misleading "scientific studies", also paid for by bleeding heart millionaires, and then funded by the feds using politics as a crutch for more funding.

So yeah I for one am done compromising when it comes to logging.

If the enviromentals have their way in a few short years there will be a very large fire come rolling through, or disease, or drought, or more likely all three at once and there precious forest will be nothing but blackened earth, with massive mud flows, lots of dead fuzzy critters, and sterile ground for years to come, except of course where private industry has managed to keep management going... then they will come after that to protect "the last remaining sacred forest"

The forest service has been castrated and broke, DNR is broke and wasting its resources. All that's really left is private and comercial forest.

Cheers:sucks:

Not to be a naysayer but 100% of your population came from some where else

If the enviromentals have their way in a few short years there will be a very large fire come rolling through, or disease, or drought, or more likely all three at once and there precious forest will be nothing but blackened earth, with massive mud flows, lots of dead fuzzy critters, and sterile ground for years to come, except of course where private industry has managed to keep management going... then they will come after that to protect "the last remaining sacred forest"

The forest service has been castrated and broke, DNR is broke and wasting its resources. All that's really left is private and comercial forest.

You just described logging in California. I'm out of here, on my way to work. We're clear-cutting...as we should be. For now, anyway.

Weeeellllll... there's also the Army and the Navy. We're pretty small, area-wise, but we are doing a pretty good job of keeping our forests healthy and our loggers busy, and it's all because we're neither FS nor State. Kind of weird, but true.

You can put comments in.

Yeah, I will stay out of that fray. Those folks already "KNOW" the "TRUTH"; I won't be able to convince them of anything from behind a computer. They need to come outside to see things differently.

portlandia that's what happens when everyone moves here.:msp_mad:

Upscaling Portland lost character. Better and more grit before all that. Free trolley was handy, but wrecking the old stuff to make way for culture centers was a goof up. Good place to get supplies, hit Powells, Hotel Mallory for 55 (now called Hotel Dee Luxe and no 55). Always had room for EO's. No books, no class. There's a Parton story in there too.

As for the O-Wilder Clearcut, well, thats just mistaken for over grazing by mis-managed wild horse and elk herds that Sasquatch let roam wild after the Calvary contracts ended. Sasquatch just can't be trusted, ya know. :msp_wink:

Back