Oh, tweet - what did I do? :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wife'nHubby

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just agreed to a delivery of about one cord of fresh cut locust logs to be dropped on our driveway for $50. (What was I thinking?)

We are currently working on:

1. cutting/splitting/stacking about a cord of hard maple that was dropped last summer.

2. about a cord of hickory that came down in a storm last year which is already in rounds sitting on our driveway that we have to split/stack.

We already have about 1-1/2 cord seasoned soft maple and 2-1/2 cords seasoned elm already cut/split/stacked for next year and about 3/4 cord of locust that was dropped last year that is now split/stacked.

After all this, will I be 2 yrs. ahead?

For you 'wood photo' enthusiasts, here's some photos:

Here's the maple:

maple-dj2.jpg

Here's the hickory:

hickory2.jpg

If I had showed you a picture of myself yesterday after cutting/splitting/stacking I might as well have sent you a photo of some roadkill animal. I'm OLD - this is a workout!

By the way, my little Dolmar is working out really, really sweet! :)

Shari

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with being ready:clap: Wish my Wife would help me with the wood, not so much for the help but the working together part. Good for you guys!

Looks like that saw buck in your picture could hold a cord of wood:dizzy: Is it the angle of the picture or is that thing really that big??

Money in the bank! A 50$ cord of locust sounds like a good investment to me.

I love my little Dolmar also. That think just keeps on cutting it is easy to maintain with the snap on cover and air cleaner that also splits for cleaning. I think it is my favorite saw so far.

You were thinking that's a heck of a good deal. Sure the wood handling ahead seems a little overwhelming. Just whittle away at it while you listen to the radio...it always gets done.

Hey, Wife'nHubby, I just noticed a sawbuck in the left of that picture. It looks pretty new, and somewhat familiar. Is there a story there? ;)

Got pics?

Hey, Wife'nHubby, I just noticed a sawbuck in the left of that picture. It looks pretty new, and somewhat familiar. Is there a story there? ;)

Got pics?

Hey, hey, hey, BRM! That sawbuck should look familiar - built it from your plans! I knew there were a LOT of limbs in this bunch of maple we are working on and the ol' back can't take a lot of bending over so I built 'your' sawbuck. I think those were 6' 2x4's that I had laying around here. It works slick and saves my back. For the bigger stuff that has to be cut I'm using the short little Didier log splitter like a vise and that saves my back also.

Shari

Latest posts

Back