Ohio (and Michigan) Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghillie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Thurs or Fri night our Aerial was broken into.

Partial list:

MS 660 Mag, 28" ES bar - 6 Mos. old

MS 440 Mag, 20" ES bar - 2-3 yrs old

MS 200T, 14" E bar - 1 yr old

371 XP, 24" Husqvarna bar - New to me

Echo tophandle (CS-3400 or CS-340, can't remember which) 14" bar

150' hank of Ultra-Vee, Blue/White Split-tail, (2) autolock biners, all in in a purple/black Black Diamond rope bag, USED ONCE!!!

Other Misc. hand tools.

I have serial numbers and will dig them out.

We have a lot of drug trade that comes from Columbus and Detroit (that's why I added Michigan to the title) so I imagine they could be anywhere by now.

Be safe,

Fred

Last edited:
Serial Numbers

Husqvarna 371XP : 1998 8410575

Stihl MS 200T : purchased 5/18/07, #165103627

Stihl MS 660 Mag : purchased 4/12/08, #166748713

The other two saws are going to be a little harder. Hope the dealer still has the records.

Thanks for any help in advance.

I will be on the look out. Make sure you call all of the pawns shops and report to the police. Lev's usually has quite a bit of chainsaws. They are supposed to back ground check them but you never know. I bought a 460 off them once, and they had a lot of pro equipment in there and I thought that was a bit strange.

Marion does have a drug problem. I remember reading about it in the columbus dispatch a lot. It is easy to get there being in the middle of the state and on the way to Columbus on 23.

Starting the xmas season off early! May sound crazy but keep an eye on e-bay/craigslist too! Gotta keep the chipper chained to the truck some places:jawdrop:

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Why do people insist on calling those places pawn shops.
They are nothing more than stolen merchandice outlet centers.

Maybe at one time they were a good place to have in times of money troubles. But today with the drug problem and plain out and out theives they promote stealing.

Ya I had a boat stolen. Michigan requires you sign the back of the regustion when you sell the boat. The pawn shop did not have the theif do that or they would have found the theif did not own the boat. I got it back because the fellow who bought it from the hot idem outlet tried to reguster it and it turned up on the stolen list.
He got arrested for recieving stolen property even though he had a recipt where he bought it from. He had to pay a fine of some sort & give up the boat.
The pawn shop got off scott free despite me raiseing cane they were the ones who bought (recived stollen property) the boat from the theif.
Made me so mad.

:D Al

Stolen Saws, etc.

Be sure to provide the Police with the equipment descriptions and especially any Ser. numbers that you may have. Also, be sure that they are entered into the Law Enforcement Automated Data System (LEADS). Check Pawn shops and Flea Markets in your area (carry the numbers). If you spot one of your items don't say anything to the vendor until you have a Police Officer by your side.

Latest posts

Back