Oil leak on my Case 1845C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thechap

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I took out the operator's seat on my 1845C just to see what was under there. What I found is oil on what I think you would call the floor pan. If you lean into the machine and look down at the floor pan, under the front pedal there is a cluster of hoses on the left front of the machine and I think that is where the leak is. Any suggestions of what I do? Aslo, where can I get a service manual? Thanks for all your help. I hope this is the right section to post in!

Bryan

I bought a used John Deere skidloader and also noticed a oil leak. It would only run out when the machine was tilted in a certain way. We took the seat out and looked and looked and looked for the leak and couldnt find it. Finally I put slight pressure on the auxilary hydraulics and we found the leak which was at the end of the hose in the coupling. Replaced that and have never had a problem since. Maybe try and use a mirrior to see areas that are hidden and also be careful not to place your fingers or hands where the pressure could hit them as it could be very dangerous. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back