old saw Milwaukee WI area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIESELBOB

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Date: 2012-06-26, 6:33PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

FOR SALE INDIAN CHAINSAW VERY OLD the saw turns over cylinder looks good through exhaust port needs cup in crank assembly the one that is there is worn so bad the doggs on the starter will not grab the inside of the cup when you pull the rope the saw appears to be complete has about a 24" bar not all banged up pretty nice shape. Call Jim 1-262-389-9956 PHONE CALLS ONLY PLEASE THANKS.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 3056000242

Copyright © 2012 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forumSORRY PHOTO DIDNT WORK

Does anyone have a model on this saw. I also saw this on cl and I think I have the same saw here. I never knew what it was. I haven't figured out how to post just yet thru my phone so never posted anything about it. If anyone that could help ,i would be greatful for it. The history behind the saw that I have is close to home. The saw has been hanging up in our family farms garage since 1980. It belonged to my step dad. He was the bisque patrol comisioneer for our county high way department. The saw was donated to him as a some what gag gift from a local Stihl shop for the promotion of Stihl chainsaws in our area. My step dad passed away. In 1995 (before I got intrested in chainsaws) and never found out any more info on this. I would like to redo this saw for keep sake and memory reasons so I may be able to pass this down to my boys. Ty for anyone's time, knowledge or any help on this topic

Toad, here's the list of models Indian made from Mike Acres' Chain Saw Collectors Corner site:

Chain Saw Collectors Corner - Gasoline Chain Saws by Manufacturer

You can click on each model and get some details, but most of the models I looked at were pretty light on information, and most lacked a picture.

I'm thinking if you can get whatever info there is on the saw, casting numbers, model numbers, etc, and post in the chainsaw section, you'd find more info that way. Pics are helpful if you can get em as well. If you can get pics with your phone but can't post em, PM me for my phone number and text em to me and I'll post em for you.

One thing I noticed, browsing through the models, is that most if not all used either a West Bend or Power Products motor. Those were pretty common back in the day on a quite a few different brands, parts might not be too hard to find if you need them.

Steve Ty for the reply! I also tried to do the same thing with Mike acres site. I appreciate the help and if I get a chance this weekend ill get some pics.

Back