Old Target Quickie concrete saw air filter cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheManOfStihl

Half man, half bear, half pig.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this is a chainsaw thread, I hope I'm not too far off topic here. I have a Target Quickie 14/65 chopsaw, which I've been told on here is built from a McCulloch 790 or 795 powerhead. I've also been told it's built on a 797 powerhead. Either way, I am missing the air cleaner cover for it. I have been watching the 'bay for some time now, searching these saw models, and never see a filter or cover show up. Does anyone know about parts interchangeability on this unit? I'm trying to figure out what model of saw used the same air filter cover as the 790, 795 or 797 so I can get one. It's hard to tell fitment by the pictures, and I hate to buy one and be wrong. I know it's supposed to have the big round pleated filter for concrete dust filtration, but it's going to be a metal cutting chopsaw, so really a regular chainsaw filter cover would suit me, I just can't find one for these models. Any ideas?

Is there a bracket under that assembly with the stud the air cleaner wing nut threads onto? I've seen variations of these carbs with the stud as part of the carb, but mine does not have that. And I can't find parts info on it, but I am supposing there is a bracket or piece that I am missing for that stud to thread into?

image.jpg Yes there is a bracket. The round air filter has a napa part number on it, so you should be able to cross reference it. The square filter I couldn't find anything on it. Is it just a regular Mac chainsaw filter? Start a convo with me or I'll get up with you.

I have one that is a re-labeled Sachs Dolmar 309.

Yup I have plans to put the concrete cutter top covers on one of my 143s, I need to find a proper (kewl) filter to finish it off.

Thinking of cutting down a K&N type (cotton gauze) from the Quincy screw compressors at work.

I really hate throwing six or more of them in the trash every year?

Latest posts

Back