Old trusty, the if you could have only one saw thread, the reply after 6 or 8 years of having only

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still a OE 346xp since 2001.
I didn't want to reply after the perfect reply, but figured I'd add a plus one to it :cheers:.
Many come and many go, and a 550 will spank them, but they are great to have around and I always try to have at least one around.
Keeping the same exact saw around that long, I find that boring :lol:.

I didn't want to reply after the perfect reply, but figured I'd add a plus one to it :cheers:.
Many come and many go, and a 550 will spank them, but they are great to have around and I always try to have at least one around.
Keeping the same exact saw around that long, I find that boring :lol:.
Hmmm? Seems to me I remember a thread with vids 3 or 4 yrs. ago in which both a 2153 & a 346 were a bit faster than a 550.

Hmmm? Seems to me I remember a thread with vids 3 or 4 yrs. ago in which both a 2153 & a 346 were a bit faster than a 550.
What's up neighbor :hi:.
I can make an ms290 "look" faster than a 361 too, all depends on what you want to promote :laugh:.
Even so for work I like my mtronic saws and autotune saws as they sip fuel which saves time on refueling and gets the job done quicker and drastically reduces the time per cut if that's what we are talking about.
I still enjoy running the 346/353's.

Keeping the same exact saw around that long, I find that boring .
That was the perfect reply, right? :D
Boring to you, cause you into selling, tradin & getting saws.:lol:

That was the perfect reply, right? :D
Boring to you, cause you into selling, tradin & getting saws.:lol:
I liked it :D.
That and I enjoy trying different things, but I like the 346 for much of the firewood cutting I do, ergonomically it's my favorite and seems to fit me well(personal preference).

Hello everyone - a new member here from up in the Carr Fire burn area in the Pacific Northwest, Redding, California area.
My favorite saw is a no-brainer "Husky 2100 CD with 42-inch bar ! I bought this saw 'worn-out' at a yard sale in 1984. I took it home and tore it apart and put new crank seals in it, inspected everything, rebuilt the carb and WOW ……… just fired it up 2-days ago to cut some Big Digger Pine rounds into smaller pieces because of limb-forks which are too much for my hydraulic splitter with 5.5hp (Harbor-Frieght) engine.
In my area, Gray Pine ( Digger Pine ) proliferates, and I get my wood for Free off of Craigslist locally, which saves a 70-mile drive to gather wood with a USFS permit.
The 2100 is a heavy beast and will keep your back muscles in-tune. hahaha or more !
I am an old retired dirt bike rider, and run Green-Weenie air cleaner elements on my big saws and stuff, and have run a green weenie on my 2100 CD forever, and I have not replaced piston or barrel even tho there were some spots where the chrome had worn through when rebuilding the powerhead back in 1984. The Digger Pine averages 36-inches or Larger at the butt on a mature tree, which requires a big saw, or you will not be taking any wood home for the winter.
Two years ago, my father handed me his old dirty 394 XP saw with a 42inch Oregon bar, and said "the last time I used it, it quit, and I could never get it restarted."
I spend Hours cleaning this 394 to hopefully use as a 'back-up' saw to the 2100. I used my hand-held CNC milling machine (Dremel) and modified a PVC fitting to make a nice adapter to mount a Green-Weenie filter element to the 394. Love it, and the 394 XP is much lighter than the 2100, and I do like how both saws Pull Wood !

Attachments

• Husky 2100 CD from Greaser007.JPG
    Husky 2100 CD from Greaser007.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
5 stihls only count as 4 saws :innocent:.

I certainly can't agree to that, my one saw plan is a 562, if it were a 3, 4, or 5 saw plan, there would still only be one Husky. I'm not going to badmouth any brand. Btw, I got 4 Husky saws in the last week, every one of them were missing multiple screws.... oh wait, wrong thread... maybe I was imagining it...

I certainly can't agree to that, my one saw plan is a 562, if it were a 3, 4, or 5 saw plan, there would still only be one Husky. I'm not going to badmouth any brand. Btw, I got 4 Husky saws in the last week, every one of them were missing multiple screws.... oh wait, wrong thread... maybe I was imagining it...
You should know by now I badmouth them all(especially if it gets folks all worked up :laugh:), and I have owned them all that I badmouth.
That being said I also recommend all of them depending on a persons situation :cheers:.
Would it still be a 562 in your multiple saw plan.

You should know by now I badmouth them all(especially if it gets folks all worked up :laugh:), and I have owned them all that I badmouth.
That being said I also recommend all of them depending on a persons situation :cheers:.
Would it still be a 562 in your multiple saw plan.

Depends on the number in the plan, but probably not. Luckily I'll likely never have a 1 or 25 saw plan or anything in between.

My 1 saw plan luckily only means 1 more, had 2 of those today, a 246 and a 365 special...

Latest posts

Back