Old Wood stove's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hedge

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a couple old wood stoves that I am wanting to see find a new home. They both are I'm guessing 50+ yrs old and in need of some repair. Does anyone collect old stoves or refurb them. I hate to just make scrap iron out of them but I am tired of them in the shed. Haven't used either one for 5+ yrs and then are just in the way. Suppose they are worth more as iron than collecting? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks :cheers:

Check on ebay and see if others are selling them it might give you an idea if they are collectable or not. I have seen a guy around here at a feed mill that has a bunch of old beauties that I would guess he collects. So maybe there is hope. If not steel is very high right now at the scrap yards!!

Ebay is a good tool for finding whether an item is desired. If your particular brands are favored then you may be able to sell them on ebay in spite of the shipping aspects that would go along with such a sale.

If nothing else, ebay can give you some indication as to whether it is worth putting the stoves on craigslist and, if so, at what price.

Do you have the brand/model/etc info a perhaps a few pics? I'm sure that there are many on this board that can give you some great advice.

cjcocn
Do you have the brand/model/etc info a perhaps a few pics? I'm sure that there are many on this board that can give you some great advice.

I took a minute earlier today and looked at them there is 3 of them and one is a Great Western Duplex one of the others is a Sears and Robuck (sp) and the third I couldn't see for sure what it was. I didn't have a camera along but will try in the next day or two to get a couple shot's. Thanks....:cheers:

That Great Western may be worth a few bucks, but if early results are any indication then it may depend on the model.

This one sold for $25.00

This one is on Craigslist for $400. It's an 821.

Latest posts

Back