Olde Tyme Spark Plug Boot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChillyB

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Gents,

Could use a hand here. Was about to install a new Chineeee coil in my new-old Stihl 009L, but figured I’d try one thing first. I pulled off the boot and clamped the bare wire to the plug with hemostats. Put the saw together enough to give it a pull. Wouldn’t you know, the darn thing fired right up!

So I’m not putting that Chineee coil in my Virginia Beach made saw. But I do need to reattach the plug boot. Looks like the hook on the wire piece simply digs into the wire through the insulation and is held on by the boot. Do I understand the situation correctly?

image.jpg

Gents,

Could use a hand here. Was about to install a new Chineeee coil in my new-old Stihl 009L, but figured I’d try one thing first. I pulled off the boot and clamped the bare wire to the plug with hemostats. Put the saw together enough to give it a pull. Wouldn’t you know, the darn thing fired right up!

So I’m not putting that Chineee coil in my Virginia Beach made saw. But I do need to reattach the plug boot. Looks like the hook on the wire piece simply digs into the wire through the insulation and is held on by the boot. Do I understand the situation correctly?

View attachment 971512
That's pretty much all there is to it man.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back