Olier cable for 084AV rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paddymelon

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
G'day again,

Hope someone can help with some info please...I'm rebuilding a siezed 084AV, it's all pulled down waiting on a good clean and parts to arrive. My question is about the oiler cable that runs from the rear of the pump (1124 640 9900).

As it is now (not running), should there be any play in the cable back and forth or does the worm need to be turning under use for this to happen? As I see it, once it's connected back to the button (1124 647 3600), it's then hooked to a contact spring (1124 442 1600) which allows for the pump action.
I'm concerned that this cable might be siezed, not sure as there is just a very slight bit of movement when trying this by hand.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 290842

Pad

I'm no expert in this by any means, but.............

I bought my 084 well used, and before I ran it, I had to tear it down to fix a few things. I remember that when I had the oil pump out, I attached the cable to it and tried to operate the "maximizer". It is VERY stiff in operation. If you look at the way that it goes together, you will see that the pushbutton pushes down onto the "Lever" 1124-647-3500 to which the cable is attached. The lever has a significant mechanical advantage in that a fairly long stroke of the button produces a very short but powerful pull on the cable..

Yeah the cable isn't meant to have a lot of play in it. It's meant to be fairly snug in the oiler housing and respond instantly to depressing the "oil pump override" button. If yours has a lot of slack, it's time for a new cable.

Latest posts

Back