Olympyk/olympic 951.......dynamac DY 51 question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipknot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a question concerning olympyk and dynamak chainsaws!
A member inquired to me about getting a air filter for a olympyk 951.
(anyone know where to get one?) Anyways I was doing a little research and went to EMAK's website and came accross dynamac brand chainsaws. They look almost exactly like the older olympyks up to 951 except yellow. Anyone know anything about this? Did the olympyk brand name become dynamac? Will someone who knows the facts please present them? Whats up with these great italian saws? Also if anyone knows where to get a filter for a olympyk 951 please PM "pallis"

This how I get my chainsaw education.:popcorn: .
:rock: Thanks fellas! :rock:

Last edited:
The Dynamac brand is a recent addition to the EMAK webpage, it wasn't there as of a month or two ago when I last looked at it.

The saws offered is limited to only 3 small models of gas chainsaw.

I believe Dynamac to be a small line of inexpensive products available in markets outside North America. Much like Oleo-Mac is a full line of products available outside north america.

The styling of the saws is similar to the 900 series saws produced in the '90s and sold under the olympyk name.

I know I've posted about this before but EMAK was forced to stop using the Olympyk brand name by the Olympics Commitee. They were told to stop using the name or pay royalties. The brand name was first Olympic, then changed to Olympik, then changed to Olympyk. It was a slow change over many years. Finally when Olympyk was even too close to Olympic to pass the name changed to Efco.

I know that as of the 1st of the month Emak Will now import and distribute their saws in the U.S., Tilton equipment Co was the old distributor so this may have something to do with it.

Jonsered Rep said:
I know that as of the 1st of the month Emak Will now import and distribute their saws in the U.S., Tilton equipment Co was the old distributor so this may have something to do with it.

I wonder if this will be easier or harder to get a EMAK product. Gotta love them efco saws! :rock:

Jonsered Rep said:

Thats good news. To me anyway :)

To me, too. And really, to everybody who buys saws. One more respectable competitor puts the pressure on The Big Guys to do a better job of giving us a reason to buy their product. That means they have to either improve their product, or their service, or reduce their price.

That's good news all around.

Back