On sale $16.99 IR theromometer.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Stumbled across this IR thermometer on sale with free shipping.
Really handy gadgets for checking the block temp of a chainsaw or other type engines to see if it's overheating due to running lean or otherwise.
I also use a IR for several other things, to mention a few checking exhaust temp of cylinders on auto engines, block temp at the themostat, heat/air.

Smart Sensor Non-Contact Digital IR Instant Laser Thermometer (IRTHERM716) (solidsignal.com)

$17 with free shipping

deye223

deye223

Addicted to ArboristSite
Problem is cheap crap gives crap performance I have stuffed around with similar ones to this unit out of the four I bought there is as much as 150 degrees Celsius difference you want to risk it go right ahead but I won't

deye223

deye223

Addicted to ArboristSite
Don't use any anymore the ones I tested were yellow and black off eBay I would say getting something from a engineering supply shop or something like that .
won't be cheap the quality never is

sean donato

sean donato

Chainsaws are like crack... just can't get enough.
. AS Supporting Member.
I have 2 or temp guns. One is a snap on, the other is a fluke. They generally read within 1*F of each other. Neither was cheap, or close to cheap. The fluke was over $100.00 and the snap on was closer to $300.00. The snap on reads much higher temps then the fluke, but is rather bulky at the same time. I can't say I'd risk getting a cheap ir temp gun, if it really matters what the temp is. If your ok with being within 10 to 20* I'd bite on a cheap unit.

Okie

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I have two that I use and both read the same, cost about $60 each when new.

One is a 3M IR-500. Really a good reliable unit that I have had for several years.
Uses a 9v battery that does not corrode like most, but I ALWAYS remove the battery for storage.

The other one is a Raytek MT6 and came from tooltopia and they also sell on flea bay.

Latest posts