One of the last 346xp's. Finally Mine.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawTroll;3981809 A 353 clutch cover will fit said:
Me either since the 346 has the balance of a drunken sailor and seems to favor falling on the clutch side with little more help than the wisp of a gentle breeze. Bouncing around in the back of a truck will trash whatever fashion statement ya wanna make with your choice of color for the clutch cover anyway.

edit: Don't get me wrong, the saw is magic in your hands balance-wise. Just can't hardly stand up straight on its own without an 029 leanin' up against it for support.

Last edited:
View attachment 265219View attachment 265220View attachment 265221View attachment 265222View attachment 265223

Yes I'm positive the 346 was bone dry 11.2 lbs.

I never did weight my 2153 when I first got it. Specs say 11.2.

Here's my pics. Sorry I'm still trying to figure out pics in the posts.

You guys know more than me. It appears it's a regular 346xp. NE?.. It has a 2011 date on it.

Any suggestions from the experts.?

Thanks, Adam

First, it is a regular 346xp, no doubt about that.

As you likely understand by now, the weight spec of the 2153 also is a tad on the "optimistic" side, and the .2 lbs differense about true, considering the rounded off numbers. The "deviation" between true weight and specs on those two models are normal, and much less than on some other saw models.

I can't date your saw exactly from the pics, as the number plate isn't visible. However, it isn't much older than that, as it has a label stating it is consistent with the 2011 emission specs. The number plate is under the rear part of the handlebar, on the clutch side of the saw (easy to see with the clutch cover off).

Me either since the 346 has the balance of a drunken sailor and seems to favor falling on the clutch side with little more help than the wisp of a gentle breeze. Bouncing around in the back of a truck will trash whatever fashion statement ya wanna make with your choice of color for the clutch cover anyway.

edit: Don't get me wrong, the saw is magic in your hands balance-wise. Just can't hardly stand up straight on its own without an 029 leanin' up against it for support.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: About that!

Well, unsupported saws in a pickup bed is very stupid regardless what saws it is - but that's another story!

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: About that!

Well, unsupported saws in a pickup bed is very stupid regardless what saws it is - but that's another story!

Tough saws don't mind ST...

[video=youtube;pfJZA-aENn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfJZA-aENn8[/video]

Different scales obviosly can show a little different numbers - but if you look a little into Youngs different pictures, they illustrate a few points (no real surprices though). :msp_smile:

In this case, the cat muffler from the 2153 added 1.6 oz. When that difference was eliminated, the 2153 still was a 2.2 oz heavier than the 346xp.

The Jred's tag is printed on much heavier stock.

Tough saws don't mind ST...

[video=youtube;pfJZA-aENn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfJZA-aENn8[/video]

WOW, sumtin to be proud of for sure.

now i know why my stihls disapoint me- i dont treat them right :hmm3grin2orange:

It's no big deal about weight at all. My comparison is really between my three 50cc saws.

Stihl MS261.
J'red 2153c
Husky 346xp NE

I don't care about a couple of grams of weight. I care about quality.

Any jokers go post elsewhere.:msp_smile:

I'm just trying to do one man's honest opinion about these three highly debated saws.

I wanna know what is fact AND what or WHO is bias. :msp_smile:

Adam

Last edited:
I love my MS261. It is an awesome saw. It has done much for me.

In my book it is top notch.

I really want to see if the 346xp will live up to it's fabled rep. Could it be better?

So far I am starting to like outboard

clutches on the swedish saws because they stay so clean. Just took a little getting used to.

Back