Opinions on Baileys NWP kits for husqvarna!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mifirewoodguy

I live off of 2 stroke gas and fresh cut oak.
Reaction score
Just wondering what your take is on Baileys NWP Cylinder/piston/ring kits? who makes em and are they good enough for my 372xp?

Just wondering what your take is on Baileys NWP Cylinder/piston/ring kits? who makes em and are they good enough for my 372xp?

Can't speak for the pro saw application but I put a kit in my Dad's husqvana 50 and so far have been well satisfied. It was well built, smooth lines and no problems with the fit or function so far. The ring had a hair thin groove around its circumfrence which was new to me but seems fine. Some kits are drilled and tapped for decomp valves (sold seporate) but they come with a plug if you don't want to use them. In short, I would buy another (and they often go on sale).

Last edited:
I'll tell you First Hand that if there is a problem with it and your not happy Greg Grande will make it right. He is a man of his word. :rock: actually his whole co is good with customer service:rock:

I have personally bought 3 of the 372 Baileys big bore kits. One of the kits the rings started to flake to pieces very early. I called them and the rep said the very early batches of the pistons had issues and have since been fixed. He sent me a replacement piston and cylinder kit free of charge. I won't ever spend the money for an oem cylinder for wht one of the big bore kits cost.

I have personally bought 3 of the 372 Baileys big bore kits. One of the kits the rings started to flake to pieces very early. I called them and the rep said the very early batches of the pistons had issues and have since been fixed. He sent me a replacement piston and cylinder kit free of charge. I won't ever spend the money for an oem cylinder for wht one of the big bore kits cost.

Is the BB kit worth the money? for the extra cc's and you need to change the intake boot and clamp? How much better can a 372xp run?

Is the BB kit worth the money? for the extra cc's and you need to change the intake boot and clamp? How much better can a 372xp run?

Yes the BB kit is worth the money, if you need a new top end.

No you don't have to change the boot & clamp to fit; it's a direct bolt on.

372's can run allot better even with the OEM 50mm cyl.

The 372BB kit is one of the BB's that will give a boost in torque over the OEM out of the box. They aren't compromised in the transfers like some others. The trouble with alot of the kits is that alot of the time they need attention before they can be used reliably.

I have had good luck with the NWP 272 P&C I put on my Husky 61. Even took my first try on porting on the thing and it has held up and has not blown yet. Made me wish I would have did the 61 to 272 conversion a lot sooner.

I see Bailey's has the Meteor kits, Im wondering if their as good or better than the NWP's? Same cost too.

tinker with saws

HI to all
I have a 2171 that needs a new cylinder and piston.
Been looking at all the after market kits
Not sure the cheap ones are any good as I have never been happy with chines products. As they all look good but only last a few uses.
There must be something in between OEM price and cheap chines.
Meteor came up and i did a search and it seems they made some OEM items for one of the big saw companies.
Has any one used one?
Thanks Little

My buddy just resurected a 372. He had loane'd it to a friend who use'd straight gas. He got the bailey's kit, and we cut the next day, cut as good as my 372 power, and real good compression. P.S I don't loan saw's.

I have not used any yet, but I have heard good things about the after markets. Normally I surf fleabay and find OEM NOS old stock dirt cheap. Personally I wouldn't mind trying and aftermarket on the next 044 I find blown up.

Latest posts

Back