Opinions On New Chip Truck's Proposed Graphics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the box looks better that way. The colored leaves were detracting from that nice logo.. not sure about what I would do with the doors though.

If I went this route, i was just thinking about puting the SD arborists Assoc membership decal on the door and maybe the text 'Certified Arborist' under it.

Thanks for your input.

Put some naked women in the place of the trees and leaves and your phone should ring off the hook.:jawdrop:

LOL, you might get calls from 10 year old boys riding by on the school bus....!
nice truck, very clean!

LXT................

I like what the others said about advertising; less is more. Whitespace is somehow more pleasing to the eye than lots of letters. My two cents, (and something we've done), is to take off anything not essential. Maybe do away with 'free estimates' or 'mulch'. But I do love the piggybacking the loader.

I like the original logo and design alot , it looks good, if you want people to believe that you are a larger company the last version fits , its very seldom that you see a company with numerous trucks with extensive graphics , it depends on what you want to try to sell...I like clean and easy to read , your list of services should be as large as the name itself you customers can put a name to the service ....

That first sign had those green, doodley dots at the top right - annoying and clutter. The second one with the leaf was better with less clutter. The third one with more leaves was not so bad. Those red maple leaves are iconic. The last sign means that you are just another tree crew like any of them, and if I don't feel like getting my trees done from you now, who cares because there are many more of that rolling around here anyway, right? With the bright leaves though it stirs the senses a little, and makes **** chat people want give you a try partly because they just like social stuff going on for the stimulation, and your sign sort of depicts that about your company. The second and third sign were most effectively expressed the social signal that would be more likely to attract people that look for those cues in the area, but those two signs would not cause people to cock their heads, and wonder how the kids that own the company are going to be able to keep business open. :greenchainsaw:

That is my marketing opinion.

I talked to the media & marketing director for asplundh years ago......Heres what the big guys are told, keep it simple!! just your name & website!!

If people want your service they will get ahold of you, you will only get a hand full of phone calls from your truck advertising...the percentages are very small.......a nice logo, a catch phrase & website....all you need!

look at the big boys: asplundh, davey, bartlett, savatree, lewis, hazlett, nelson, etc.... just their name & a website!

where im from people would view fancy paint jobs as a company they cant afford.........just keep it simple!

LXT....................

That first sign had those green, doodley dots at the top right - annoying and clutter. The second one with the leaf was better with less clutter. The third one with more leaves was not so bad. Those red maple leaves are iconic. The last sign means that you are just another tree crew like any of them, and if I don't feel like getting my trees done from you now, who cares because there are many more of that rolling around here anyway, right? With the bright leaves though it stirs the senses a little, and makes **** chat people want give you a try partly because they just like social stuff going on for the stimulation, and your sign sort of depicts that about your company. The second and third sign were most effectively expressed the social signal that would be more likely to attract people that look for those cues in the area, but those two signs would not cause people to cock their heads, and wonder how the kids that own the company are going to be able to keep business open. :greenchainsaw:

That is my marketing opinion.

I can't believe I agree!,but I do.
Jeff

Last edited:
We are simple here! Logo and the # and website. We dont market with the vehicles tho, more like, " There they are, I see their trucks", or, " Here they come".
Jeff :)

I have my name , my license number phone number GVW of the truck and town and state of origin thats it , OH I FORGOT I HAVE A HAPPY FACE SMOKING A DOOBER JUST LIKE THIS :smoking:

Latest posts

Back