• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold or trade for a Husqvarna 288 Hi-Top Cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warped5

WingNut
Reaction score
Need a couple of these (one is for a friend) ... Don't need to be NOS, just not cracked or scorched beyond recognition.

Thanks!

ya know, over the last few years from being here, I've noticed that some parts are just so dog gone hard to come by, ya think the aftermarket would take up the ball and run w/ it. ie, 288 hi top covers... surely that's possible and there is reasonable demand for them... hd87 carbs as well... ya think they could copy those with no trouble.... what gives?

This is being discussed in another thread right now as well regarding an 084 muffler. Im guessing there just arent enough units in circulation to make it worth it is my guess, but then again, there are lots of aftermarket sources for 288 lo tops....

it amazes me sometimes what the AM people do... finally AM cylinder kits for 455 ranchers have come out, but they are only 47mm pistons... which is silly because 460 ranchers are identical and use 49mm pistons. so why not go big or go home ya know? I just get so confused.

to the OP, best of luck in your quest sir!

well thats awfully nice of you to look for one for me ted :rolleyes:

So the list gets longer ...

I don't understand how this saw is still being produced in another country so why cant someone smuggle some stuff in

It has been bantered about. US Customs and the EPA want 'formal' imports of these models kept out, but will most likely allow a few to get through at the Mexican border. But who wants to drive far enough into Mexico to test this theory?

What dives me NUTS is the Web sites that show the part as available/orderable, only to email you a couple days later with the news that it's NLA. Then WHY is it listed the way it is, people?

I have sourced covers .... in Canada .... $74 CAD + shipping .... so you're now talking close to $100 just for the cover .... the entire hi-top kit was only about $65 USD when it was available ....

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

since the epa wont allow a running saw of that model into the united states why not disassemble the saw and ship it piece part? if they can ship a bunch of grey market caterpillar machines into the us and litter the country with them why not a little bitty chainsaw?!!!!

Watch eBay, they pop up occasionally. I have bought 2 new ones and 1 nice used one in the last month

I have seen low top covers with Brazil molding marks being sold as new high tops from a dealer. I had a time getting my money refunded. I have no idea why the high tops can not be molded in Brazil and imported to the USA.

Back