orange tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not an expert, but check the common signs like ground mosture, excessive temp extremes, are the leaves falling of the whole tree or just the top, bottom, or a side. When you water it soak it in to promote deep roots. Have you done any dirt work near the tree. Look for anything out of the ordinary.

Hope I helped
Carl

Todd, ithink that there are some "pockets" or microclimates in the UK where they are okay-seems like I've read or seen something about regions where they can grow bananas too. In any case lots of people grow oranges in pots all over the world and bring them inside when the weather requires.:)

check under the leaves for spider mites....my mother's lemon tree would occasionally have that problem. (look under the leaf with a magnifying glass...touch a speck...if it moves...you have mites...a bad case will leave little nondescript webs.)

On the off-chance this IS a potted citrus tree....are you careful about watering slow so it soaks the rootball? Often, this type of tree in a pot is difficult to water correctly....as the water will run off and never really reach the roots.

Back