Ordered 50 custom T-shirts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't read all the posts but I will add this. I don't charge for shirts or sweatshirts. But I have become a little stingy with them. Seeing my shirts come to work with motor oil stains from stuff done at home n sleeves cut off all the way down to the belt area gets on my nerves. The main rule is no inappropriate slogans on what you wear. No bud lite shirts. Or miller. When u got stingy I noticed they took better care of what they had. I wouldn't charge em though.

It Just cost me a few hundred for embroidered skull caps. Im a big fan of the uniform look, Winter Sweat shirts, T Shirts, And Headwear are all provided. We give 100$ a year for footwear also so guys are more encouraged not to wear there boots with no tread on them.

It Just cost me a few hundred for embroidered skull caps. Im a big fan of the uniform look, Winter Sweat shirts, T Shirts, And Headwear are all provided. We give 100$ a year for footwear also so guys are more encouraged not to wear there boots with no tread on them.

Embroidered is the way to go

When you have embroidered work done you own the program (get a copy of it on a cd/dvd) and you can take it to most shops and have your work done; that saves you time and money and you can look for better deals on what you get in the way of shirts; hat's and coats.

Make sure when you set up the contract for the work to being done you get a copy of the program that is used

I still have art work from each thing I have had embroidered

Don't have the shirts yet, but the artist said she would do them in two batches tospread out the cost (at no extra charge). That helps my monthly bottom line a bit.

Her work ups:

View attachment 262872View attachment 262873

The artwork and text will be on orange Carharts. She charged a buck each to cut off the Carhart logo on the front pocket (I kind of knew that if I did it, I would tear a few shirts and bleed on the rest). She said that she spent several hrs. making several photos of the oak that I gave her into a drawing.

So yes, I am using an "Arteest". Now I just need to find more clients (I have a few) who are willing to pay top dollar for an arteest (me) shaping trees for the view. Just landed a job with a wealthy older lady that has her own Japanese gardener -- I am to work in some middling sized shore pines, collaborating with BOTH the owner and the Japanese Garden gardener. Should be great fun (no irony -- really). I have a high tolerance for picky clients; I have found that those are the ones that pay your price without question so long as they are happy with the work.

This was last years sweatshirts. They where like 3 colors that are all reflective so i think they where like 20$ a piece they where like the tripple thick ones. View attachment 262885

I was going to try and do it myself with vinyl but never got around to it. I got a vinyl cutter to do equipment that i have slowly been getting done over time. Saved a fortune by just buying the machine and doing it myself. I got the Zencut from UScutters and i think it was like 700$ i couldnt get one truck done with much for that around here they want like 50-60$ a door. I would have had 6-700 in just the doors of my trucks paying someone else.

Last edited:
I finally bit the bullet and ordered 50 T-shirts. Orange Carharts in M or L tall, $12 - $13 each. However, the local person I hired is charging me another $17 per shirt to design my custom logo and print both the front and back. They are going to look great, but I did not plan on $30 per shirt :msp_confused:!

I will supply my three guys with two shirts, and after that charge them $20 for replacements.

What did other guys pay here for company shirts?

Wow you are paying fortune for ur t shirts. We pay $7- 8 dollars a #### with a $50 set up charge per run.
We use these guys
Artists for Humanity - [email protected]
Good people to work with and its a good cause to support

You are being descent and in good order

I think that is more then fair,
I have had jobs where 10 per shirt come out first check, you are giving them 2 after that need to help replace it
if not you 1 . wont have uniform professional look you want to achive.
2 . spend all your profit supplying them and who ever else they live with shirts, shop rags, handkerchiefs , truck drying towels ( i have some)

Maybe some links to quality printing companies with good prices.

My last run of shirts turned out way to pricey and the printing wore off in no time. Need to restock for next season. Lots of cheap printing companies out there, but who knows what there quality is like.

I wouldnt call AFH a cheap company but i have been very happy with their work and think there prices are fair. I have never actually been to their shop, we do the proofs via email and they ship everything to our shop. I dont see why you couldnt do the same.

Latest posts

Back