Oregon® seeking professional loggers for product field testing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran a stihl mount cannon for 4 months and true I didn't have to knock a burr off of it, but I ended up running 63 gauge at the end when it started out as a 58. It had the 3 rivet tip that I popped eventually. For me they are all pretty disposable and changing out the one rivet is a lot faster than 3. I have not run the sugis or tsumaras, but I've put a lot of time on stihl bars, carltons, and oregons. I used to run all stihl. Its like bar oil to me. I ran the husky premium for 8 months or so. I was gettin a deal at the shop for 9 bucks a gallon and yeah I didn't have file burrs as often, but I figured out I was money ahead to buy 30-40 gallons from menards at 5 bucks a crack when the cheap stuff goes on sale.

Keep the chain snuggish but not too tight and never had a problem, little bit of burr on the motor side, and just behind the nose. Usually bend a bar before they wear out...

The ole homemade light bar is about the only stihl one I actually wore out, took me awhile to do it too, 1 year of part time cutting, 4-5 years of nearly part time, and **** all knows how old it was before I got it.

The Oregons I've **** canned in like 3 weeks. Or traded off for something better.

You have my interest. Let us know when the NDA is up.

I hope it's not like Stihl's NDA. They require a life long commitment, a secret candle-light ceremony swearing allegiance to St Andreas, a pint of blood, the names of all your relatives, your personal history dating back to kindergarten, and being able to sing the company song..on key...in both English and German.
Kinda like joining the Mafia but with sauerkraut instead of pasta.

Keep the chain snuggish but not too tight and never had a problem, little bit of burr on the motor side, and just behind the nose. Usually bend a bar before they wear out...

The ole homemade light bar is about the only stihl one I actually wore out, took me awhile to do it too, 1 year of part time cutting, 4-5 years of nearly part time, and **** all knows how old it was before I got it.

The Oregons I've **** canned in like 3 weeks. Or traded off for something better.

I usually get 2-3 months out of a bar. So probably 250- 300 hours. The paint is never worn off when I give up on em. I would say the powermatch can be hit and miss for quality. I had one that flaked like crazy in about a months time. Took it to the saw shop and they gave me a credit for it. Usually they are not that bad. For what I pay for em I'm happy. If they were total garbage they'd be wasting my time and I wouldn't run em. When you're counting every dime you figure out where you can cut corners pretty quick.

Back