• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Oregon or equal Quality 5-3/4" X 1/4" Depth Gauge (Raker) Grinding Wheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S Tebo

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Guys,
I am looking for a new, like new or at least in good condition Oregon or equal quality 5-3/4" X 1/4" Depth Gauge (Raker) Grinding Wheel for my 511A chain grinder. Most new Oregon Grinders seem come with one and I know a lot of people don't ever use them- prefer to do it by hand with flat file. Please Reply or PM. Thank You, Scott

They are actually too soft for use on the depth gauges. 1/4" Molemab wheel would be a better choice. they are 1/2 the price of Oregon as well

They are actually too soft for use on the depth gauges. 1/4" Molemab wheel would be a better choice. they are 1/2 the price of Oregon as well

Thank you for the reply. I saw them in the current Bailey's Catalogue but figured since they were so cheap price wise (1/2 the cost of the Oregon wheels) that they were poorly made- the old you get what you pay for thing. As long as they are ok quality wise- I'll order one. Thoughts? Thanks again for the advise- Scott

Molemabs are pretty good , I have had a few no particular problems , other than being a bit finer grit and a harder wheel. They load up a bit to quick for cutters to my liking, which means things start to get to hot. But for depth gauges they would be fine. Note if grinding depth gauges try to put a slope on them rather than just flat . then the cutter can rock like it is supposed to to bite in.

Molemabs are pretty good , I have had a few no particular problems , other than being a bit finer grit and a harder wheel. They load up a bit to quick for cutters to my liking, which means things start to get to hot. But for depth gauges they would be fine. Note if grinding depth gauges try to put a slope on them rather than just flat . then the cutter can rock like it is supposed to to bite in.
Cool- will do. I'm going to order one from Bailey's today. Thanks for all of the advise- I'm obviously new at the whole grinding thing and just recently got the grinder from another really nice AS member- really excited to start to use it instead of the rotary tool/grinding stones method. :D

Latest posts

Back