Orline Mustang

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratmania

Reaction score
I have a very clean, all original, nothing missing, old Orline Mustang chain saw that has been sitting up for a couple of years. Unfortunately now I need to use it ( I live in the city that Katrina destroyed - New Orleans ) I can't get it to run. It has a great spark and I think good compression ( not easy to pull ) everything works fine, except I can't get the gas to flow to the carburator. I have had the carb off and cleaned it as best I can, but still cannot get it to draw gas from the tank.
Are there any Orline experts one out there that could help me resolve this problem. I love the saw and don't want to discard it, but I need help.
Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks tj

likely the carb gaskets are hardened to the point where they will not pump fuel anymore. the Orline saw is a rather cool one to me.

The Orline Mustangs with their O&R engines are neat old saws.Don't "discard" it, stratmania. If you can't fix it and don't want it, some of us here who have Orlines may be able to use it. Sent you a PM.

Orline online

Thats what I expected, the diaphram in the carb did look a liitle worn. I also had a hard time trying to get gas from the tank, even with the feed tube to the carb. disconnected. Tried to get the gas tank off but it looks like you have to dismantle the whole saw (pull the drive gears off the shafts , etc ) to accomplish this ? Do you know of anywhere or anyone who might have parts or would rebuild the carb for this saw ?
I also think the Mustang is an awesome saw for its size, I don't want to give up on it.
thanks again. tj

stratmania: These little guys are tough to find parts for.... I think Ohlsson & Rice (Orline, O&R) made their own carbs.... It's not like going looking for a Tillotson carb which may have been used on a dozen different chainsaws.... I got my Orline Mustang for free from a friend who rescued it from going into a landfill.... just had to pay shipping.... I also have another O&R chainsaw.... a miniature prototype with almost zero hours on it. It's powerhead is only 12 inches long and 5-1/4" of that is the pistol grip....

There was at least one major chainsaw manufacturer which used an O&R engine in one of their early "mini" saws, but I can't remember which one right now.... Finding one of those chainsaws with functional engine parts might help you.... otherwise, you'd have to search for other Orline Mustangs..... They're not real common, but I see one for sale from time to time.... Most Orline owners I know of either have complete and running units, or are in the same boat you and I are.... looking for parts....

All the Best to You!!

Latest posts

Back