Oslo Owners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJR

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just went home for lunch. It is 48F, rain, and 30mph wind. I started a fire in the Oslo with the door cracked. When the fire was going I went to close the door and – I could not. The latch plate the handle locks behind loosened. Needles to say I was looking for the metric hex wrenches in the garage quickly. It is a very simple fix but put into a mix a fire fueled by hemlock and cedar it gets a little interesting. If you have one of these stoves check to see if the door latch plate bolt is tight. The good - it wasn’t two am…

I just went home for lunch. It is 48F, rain, and 30mph wind. I started a fire in the Oslo with the door cracked. When the fire was going I went to close the door and – I could not. The latch plate the handle locks behind loosened. Needles to say I was looking for the metric hex wrenches in the garage quickly. It is a very simple fix but put into a mix a fire fueled by hemlock and cedar it gets a little interesting. If you have one of these stoves check to see if the door latch plate bolt is tight. The good - it wasn’t two am…

Good reminder. Our annual stove maintenance never included that.
The Oslo fire is always started by the open side door or the ash pan door cracked for a few minutes.

Latest posts

Back