Other Overpriced **** ... that'll make you feel less bad about CAD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'll ante up:

Model trains. Yep, the same HO stuff many of you might have had in younger days, only I remember having "the cheaper" stuff then. I haven't priced anything in a year, but $300-$2500+ for a new locomotive? $15 on up (an up, oh yah) for a box car... a litte plastic box with wheels painted with some scheme? Oh, and don't forget the track, structures and everything else to make some semblance of a realistic looking mini-world. And I'm still "old school", running straight DC equipment in a world filled with DCC (can't even explain it) and computerized layouts....

Oh yah, I too have a few mountain bikes, all in the lae '90's- early 2000's era stuff,

Oh, and a dirt track Pro-Stock Camaro...

and my two horses...

and wife's four horses...

My saws are waaayyyyy cheap!

Duan

Try National Tractor Pullers Association Pro 4 Truck Pulling.....I am ashamed to say what an engine cost. There are guys in our class that even have back-up engines cause they are 2 year old technology. Of course that has kept my CAD in check...lol!

That Hoyt will last you a lifetime though. But then again, what rational bowhunter can look at a new model without trading a perfectly good 1 year old model?:)

Ever priced simple rubber tires for a RC car or truck? 20 a pair and up, not including wheels.

Clear lexan bodies, average around 40.

The buggy and truck models go up every year?! Granted, technology does improve them, but not every year.

Back