Outdoor wood boilers.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerdustin2008

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello.

Does anyone have any good photos of the insides of these machines? I am wanting to build my own this summer, but I want it to very efficient so I am wanting to borrow the designs from many manufactures.

The main thing I want the stove to be able to do is burn the wood gases.

Any and all pictures would be very helpful.

Thank you.

PM me your email and I can send you my manual for my stove, I have a Royal 6200 OWB. It has good diagrams of the valves and such..

PM me your email and I can send you my manual for my stove, I have a Royal 6200 OWB. It has good diagrams of the valves and such..

Thank you. PM sent.

I am mainly looking for how they burn the wood gas. Because I am trying to save money here and thats more heat out of the same product.

.... Then I just need to build and injector that injects the ash and burn it, lol.

Here is mine: http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/143845.htm

The thing that I copied was having the stack be low in the firebox - by at least one manufacturer it was claimed that there was less smoke during operation that way. Supposedly the smoke collects in the top of the firebox and since the exit is low it cleaner/cooler air will go out. I also added a bit of a "torturous path" for the exhaust to capture more heat out of it. I'm not sure either works because I don't have a baseline to compare to, but I'm very happy with how it operates. I have opened the door to see flames engulfing the top of the firebox so I would guess that at least some of the gasses are being burned.

Let me know when you get that ash injector worked out! :hmm3grin2orange:

Here is mine: http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/143845.htm

The thing that I copied was having the stack be low in the firebox - by at least one manufacturer it was claimed that there was less smoke during operation that way. Supposedly the smoke collects in the top of the firebox and since the exit is low it cleaner/cooler air will go out. I also added a bit of a "torturous path" for the exhaust to capture more heat out of it. I'm not sure either works because I don't have a baseline to compare to, but I'm very happy with how it operates. I have opened the door to see flames engulfing the top of the firebox so I would guess that at least some of the gasses are being burned.

Let me know when you get that ash injector worked out! :hmm3grin2orange:

Thank you, that looks good. I can't decide whether I wan to use recycled metal, or If I will just go buy some metal and build it exactly the way I want it. A 4x8 sheet of 3/8's is like $5xx. Which would be plenty for the firebox, then I was thinking to use 3/16's for the water jacket, with a few fins here and there to help heat the water.

But if I get the ash injector working It will be my free gift to the world. Rudolf Diesel's original plan was to use coal dust to fire the diesel engine.... Failed, but I would have to assume thats because of the technology or lack of back then.

Back