Outraged.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incomplete

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 276423

Wasn't sure where to post this because it's pretty much applicable to every board on AS.

I put The Lorax in the Netflix que when I saw it was available and only just now got around to watching it, or rather attempting to watch it. I screen almost all my kid's TV, and am always on the look-out for more shows for them to enjoy.

If you have kids, or grand-kids, you let them watch this indoctro-film at THEIR jeopardy.

I am accustomed to Hollywood's subtle assault against business: all of the villains, in just about every movie being made to day, are businesses and business men, as if Big Hollywood is somehow excused from the laws of free market enterprise.

But this filth is not even subtle. Right from the very first lines they are portraying businessmen as evil, greedy, manipulative, and controlling. As a businessman who provides SERVICES at openly disclosed rates when desired and contracted, I am outraged. If I was the offended type and I thought it would make a difference, I would be drafting a very sternly worded letter to its producers.

Not only does this steaming pile of Green crap attack business in general, it maligns the entire Woodsman industry from Loggers to Woodcutters by stating that the removal of even ONE tree is a crime against nature, and that anything that could possibly be produced from "such a heinous act" is nonsensically worthless, but some how desired by the masses.

I normally don't walk away from a story, but the opening of the second act got me so absolutely furious I was about loose my composure.

I need to find more entertainment producers who mirror my values.

Rant Concluded.

i feel the same way you do. I could go on and on but hey all we can do is vote. To many people have their heads in the sand and think it's 1985 still...

View attachment 276423

Wasn't sure where to post this because it's pretty much applicable to every board on AS.

I put The Lorax in the Netflix que when I saw it was available and only just now got around to watching it, or rather attempting to watch it. I screen almost all my kid's TV, and am always on the look-out for more shows for them to enjoy.

If you have kids, or grand-kids, you let them watch this indoctro-film at THEIR jeopardy.

I am accustomed to Hollywood's subtle assault against business: all of the villains, in just about every movie being made to day, are businesses and business men, as if Big Hollywood is somehow excused from the laws of free market enterprise.

But this filth is not even subtle. Right from the very first lines they are portraying businessmen as evil, greedy, manipulative, and controlling. As a businessman who provides SERVICES at openly disclosed rates when desired and contracted, I am outraged. If I was the offended typeand I thought it would make a difference, I would be drafting a very sternly worded letter to its producers.

Not only does this steaming pile of Green crap attack business in general, it maligns the entire Woodsman industry from Loggers to Woodcutters by stating that the removal of even ONE tree is a crime against nature, and that anything that could possibly be produced from "such a heinous act" is nonsensically worthless, but some how desired by the masses.

I normally don't walk away from a story, but the opening of the second act got me so absolutely furious I was about loose my composure.

Rant Concluded.

The cool thing about kids is they have yet to become jaded. Your kid will watch the lorax and think trees are cool and worth protecting, good.. I hope you keep all the govt b.s.. politics,buisness and green crap to yourself cartoons are for kids. They have plenty of time to be outraged.

I loved the movie , and the line i didn't wanna harm you just watch you float gently down the river , priceless ....... If people don't hire me because they saw the Lorax , well #### em there prolly whacka doos anyway :hmm3grin2orange:

Agreed the other day my son wanted his missing baby teeth replaced with gold . I blame that on rap music , true story gods honest truth .... Gold teeth , I said sure maybe we'll steal mommies gold earrings and have the jeweler toss them in there to for added bling

View attachment 276423

But this filth is not even subtle. Right from the very first lines they are portraying businessmen as evil, greedy, manipulative, and controlling. As a businessman who provides SERVICES at openly disclosed rates when desired and contracted, I am outraged. If I was the offended type and I thought it would make a difference, I would be drafting a very sternly worded letter to its producers.

Rant Concluded.

Wow my kids got me this movie for Christmas, and we watched it together.

I assume they got it for me because "Daddy cuts trees down" lol

Maybe if you watch further you will see the story is not about cutting 1 tree out of the forest, but about his greedy family who moves in and removes every tree in sight.

Until the company has used up all their resources. :bang:

Hmmm sounds familiar in todays day and age doesn't it.

Man, I have never heard anyone bash Dr Seuss before. But then I haven't seen any of the newer movies. The book was all about the follies of cutting down all the trees and how the environment goes to s--t. Written back in the day when clear cutting without replanting was common practice.

Man, I have never heard anyone bash Dr Seuss before.

That Cat in the Hat was one trouble making feline. He traumatized those children. Back in the day I didn't like him.
I believe he has now converted himself to Waldo and everyone is asking children "Where" is he.

Now..... Go Dogs Go. That was a good read. :laugh:

Great now I have to rent the Lorax tonight!

I knew someone would take it as a challenge! And that is the way it's s'posed to be.

I haven't lol wonder where dr Seuss got his drugs from. He wrote some seriously effed up stuff.

LSD was a common prescription. Cary Grant swore by the stuff.

Home school your kids because the public schools are lost and this type of brainwashing is the norm.
Phil

This product of homeschool (Till 9th grade) does. That's why I screen my kids shows. I don't want them feeding on rat poison: 99.99% good food.

So I rented it last night. 26 with no kids renting The Lorax.... Anyways, I didnt find it very offensive or anything like that. I think it was a knock to society these days, and so it should be. It was a little more PG13 than I remember kids' movies being. "Shut your moustache" I think the whole thing about the business man is normal, I mean you wouldnt have some bum with rags on being the bad guy. Business = power when it comes to giant corporations. Personally I'd trust the kid on the bike before I trusted a man in a suit, but im oldschool. Just wondering incomplete, are you 3 feet tall, hair cut like moe off the 3 stooges and have funny eyebrows? Is that why your outraged lol. The story was to not waste resources and that trees give us fresh air. I thought it was a good message, that is if your kid understands the message. It made the wife laugh a few times and I didnt mind it all that much. Times sure are changing though.

You are kidding, here, right?

You are simply trolling to see who falls for your "rant," right? If not, I have to say, with whatever amount of respect I can muster, "Man, you need to take some classes!" The Lorax is a commentary on the value of trees and the wasteful, greedy aspects of big business as it upsets the balance of nature with tactics such as clear cutting. This story and its characters are on our side, unless you are a fool who conducts your business as the destroyers of the forest did, theirs. Come on, 'fess up, you are joking, here! You apparently did pull a "gotcha" on more than a few. Nice going.

You are simply trolling to see who falls for your "rant," right? If not, I have to say, with whatever amount of respect I can muster, "Man, you need to take some classes!" The Lorax is a commentary on the value of trees and the wasteful, greedy aspects of big business as it upsets the balance of nature with tactics such as clear cutting. This story and its characters are on our side, unless you are a fool who conducts your business as the destroyers of the forest did, theirs. Come on, 'fess up, you are joking, here! You apparently did pull a "gotcha" on more than a few. Nice going.

Not at all. And all I can do is shake my head and feel sorry for the frogs in the pot on the stove. This piece of carp is rat poison: genuine humor and witty slapstick coating a not subtle Green Agenda: it's the sugar coating on the cyanide pill.

"We didn't know anything was wrong until it was to late," said every victim in history.

There is NO boogie man "Big Business". All businesses are comprised of INDIVIDUALS. There is no US vs. THEM.

As to allegations of "massive deforestation" science has proven that clear cutting is healthier than selective cutting, but more to the point the industry self-regulated! Which is what all good businesses do, regardless of their size. The only "big" business that I am aware of that holds its customer base in contempt and perpetually takes for granted and for a ride and that keeps giving them what they don't want, is Hollywood.

My problem is businessmen being perpetually portrayed to CHILDREN as villains. Are there shysters? Yes. But they don't SUCCEED in business. Do you own your own company? You are a businessman. And you should feel the insult. Unless of course your goal in business is to make only "your fair share" or to produce profits to give to the non-producing. In that case, get out of the way; go take a wage; or better yet, join the legions on the dole.

Latest posts

Back