owb Circulator pump electric consumption

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i am going to try to keep my central boiler running all summer to heat my domestic hot water. i by passed my heat exchanger and now the central boiler runs through my side are on my hot water heater. i am concerned with the unit running all the time and the electric consumption i have the bigger pump talco 014 which uses 1.7 amps unlike the 007 that uses .70 amps that most of you use on your boiler. i was thinking about putting the talco on a in line timer and only running the pump around dinner time to heat the hot water back up. what do you guys think about this? and do you think its a overkill ?

I don't see what it would hurt. You might run out of hot water. If so run the pump longer/more often. :)

I run two pumps 24/7 for my water, a 009 and a PL36. My electric bills are about $120 no matter what. :cry:

volts (110) X amps (1.7) = watts

Your pump is drawing approx. 187 watts. So it is using roughly one kilowatt every 5.34 hours. Check your rate per KWH to see the cost of running your pump. My current electric rate per kwh is 10 cents. So your pump would cost me about 2 cents per hour to run.

I have a separate pump wired to a thermostat on my hot water heater, when the temp drops below 130* it circulates the water though the OWB.
I never run out of hot water and don’t use electricity when not needed.
Hope you find out what works for you.

thanks all for your replys.
what i did today was hook up a timer and the pump will run from 6 to 8 am and again from 4-9 pm. i am going to try it to see how i make out..

volts (110) X amps (1.7) = watts

Your pump is drawing approx. 187 watts. So it is using roughly one kilowatt every 5.34 hours. Check your rate per KWH to see the cost of running your pump. My current electric rate per kwh is 10 cents. So your pump would cost me about 2 cents per hour to run.

At that rate you would spend $175.20 a year for the electricity. How much does that pump cost new?

Latest posts

Back