OWB.how can i tell its time to increase the set point temp of my cb 6048

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i have it now at 175 and we been having a cold front the past week. seems to be fine... how do i know its time to increase her. when i got it it was 185 deg.

If everything is properly sized and installed there is realy no reason to increase it just because it is colder outside. If it is keeping up with your heat demands leave it alone, increasing the temp means burning more wood. The only other advantage to warming it up is it decreases creosote build up just a little. Mt Woodmaster stays at 160 on /170 off (which is the factory setting) all the time now after playing around with it the first couple years to help out a not quite right domestic loop.

I increase the temp to 185 when temps are regularly in the 20s or so. I've had my 5036 set at 180 deg for about 3 weeks now. The only thing with my small stove is my temp at will rise up to bout 195 after shutdown when I have a lot of really dry seasoned wood.

Kyle

Not to get out of the groove but I have a Heatmore and I keep it on 165 all the time. I never had to move it...I always have plenty of heat.:clap:

My Woodmaster is set at 170 off and 150 on. I would never increase the shut off temperature - as the domestic hot water in my house is too hot already. If I put a lot of smaller and dry wood in the furnace temp will go up to about 176 after the blower shuts off - big logs don't seem to overshoot the shut off temperature nearly as much. The current settings heat my house and garage just fine regardless of the outside temperature.

Have my CB 5036 at 185, like the quick response the increased temp gives me, especially when I set back to 68 deg. during the day. I'll back it off to 165-170 when/if temps warm up. 165 is their minumun recommended temp.

Cb 5036

Changed my setpoint down to 180F a month ago (185 factory setting) I noticed a surprising drop in wood consumption. Last week we had 8 consecutive days below 30F. It kept up just fine. Night temps were around 15F. If we get some real arctic stuff (single digit daytime highs) I may consider bumping it up to 185F again if needed.:angry2:

Lower temps do use less wood. I start my CB out at 150 in the fall and go up to 170/175* in the dead of winter. If I'm pulling a lot of heat I will up it to 180 for a couple hours. The shop gets warmer a lot faster that way.

Latest posts

Back