OWB installation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktm250rider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, we finally settled on a woodmaster 5500. We went back and forth between them and CB. The woodmaster dealer provided a free excavator which pretty much sealed the deal. That probably saved me 5-600 bucks on a rental. Not to mention that there is no time limit. Since its raining today, its just sitting in the driveway. I was able to get the Thermopex and conduit installed and backfilled before the rain which was good. No pics since I finished up int he dark. Too bad the lights on the machine didnt work. I just need to get my pad done and Im ready for delivery.

Ive been reading the manual and dont see much about the wiring. My system consists of a propane boiler which feeds 5 zones of heating. 3 are air handlers, 1 is the domestic hot water and 1 is my radiant system (garage, tile areas). My boiler is a Weil Mclane which does not maintain temp when no heat load is called for. When the t-stat calls for heat, the boiler fires and heats up to 190 (at high combustion rate). At the same time, the zone is energized and heating begins. THe boiler maintains 190 (at low combustion rate) until the t-stat turns off.
Any ideas or info on how I will keep the boiler from trying to maintain 190 itself?

Well, we finally settled on a woodmaster 5500. We went back and forth between them and CB. The woodmaster dealer provided a free excavator which pretty much sealed the deal. That probably saved me 5-600 bucks on a rental. Not to mention that there is no time limit. Since its raining today, its just sitting in the driveway. I was able to get the Thermopex and conduit installed and backfilled before the rain which was good. No pics since I finished up int he dark. Too bad the lights on the machine didnt work. I just need to get my pad done and Im ready for delivery.

Ive been reading the manual and dont see much about the wiring. My system consists of a propane boiler which feeds 5 zones of heating. 3 are air handlers, 1 is the domestic hot water and 1 is my radiant system (garage, tile areas). My boiler is a Weil Mclane which does not maintain temp when no heat load is called for. When the t-stat calls for heat, the boiler fires and heats up to 190 (at high combustion rate). At the same time, the zone is energized and heating begins. THe boiler maintains 190 (at low combustion rate) until the t-stat turns off.
Any ideas or info on how I will keep the boiler from trying to maintain 190 itself?

Lower the aquastate on the inside boiler.....Are you using a plate heater or are you depressrizing your inside boiler????

Ive been reading the manuals. Looks like it may actually shut down when temp is reached. Its always stayed lit since the demand would drop the temp. Ill hook it up and see what happens.

Gonna use a 60 plate water to water and keep the boiler pressurised.

Ive been reading the manuals. Looks like it may actually shut down when temp is reached. Its always stayed lit since the demand would drop the temp. Ill hook it up and see what happens.

Gonna use a 60 plate water to water and keep the boiler pressurised.

The blower will turn off, but the circulator on your owb will keep running. Send me a pm if you have any questions. I can send you phone number so you can call. I will be happy to help. I hooked mine up last year and has been working great.

Back