OWB line insulation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a product made by http://foamplus.net/products.htm
I was going in the direction that you are considering and then found this stuff.
It is cheaper than buying blocks and cutting them your self. I then bought tie straps at united states plastics (great prices) to hold it together.
It was a bit of a chore to do in the trench so im thinking the plan you have would be a bit difficult to do in the trench and keep everything together.
I have no regrets, I ran about 150 ft and have been pleased. I get a bit of snow melt when its warm out but thats about it
I am in sand with a low water table so no water issues.
I would not recomend this with heavy soil like clay loam or with a high water table.
Brian

just wondering what your going to do when you get that water inside????
exchanger in the furnace or floor heat ... hot water ??

I have infloor radiant heat in bsmt and on main floor (in 1 1/2" concrete) with exsiting oil boiler now I have to figure out what size plate exchanger I will need for the boiler I understand that a 10 plate is fine for domestic hot water .In my shop I have radiant floor plus a forced air set up for faster recovery on those -30 days when I have to open big door to bring in equipment.Also need to know if I mount the plate exchangers at the level of the bottom of the boiler and hot water tank will convection(themo siphon) work enough to keep up or will I need aditinal pumps??Still some figuring to do.:help:

I used a product made by http://foamplus.net/products.htm
I was going in the direction that you are considering and then found this stuff.
It is cheaper than buying blocks and cutting them your self. I then bought tie straps at united states plastics (great prices) to hold it together.
It was a bit of a chore to do in the trench so im thinking the plan you have would be a bit difficult to do in the trench and keep everything together.
I have no regrets, I ran about 150 ft and have been pleased. I get a bit of snow melt when its warm out but thats about it
Brian

I was planning on offsetting all my joints and building it out of trench then gluing on strip of plywood on for a stiffener then wrap and seal it then lots of hands to lay it in trench .Did you tell them how you wanted it made or did they have it ready made?

It comes in 8 ft sections. I just staggered the joints so they were every 4 ft but on opposite sides from one another.
Brian

Latest posts

Back