OWB questions- Shaver

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boilerman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if any of you shaver owners had a constant water usage issue. Also has anybody put an aquastat in the port where the dhw port is.. i seem to use alot of water in the real cold has been 10 degrees with alot of wind.Myself and a friend of mine bought these shavers and we are finding out you are pretty much on your own,:censored: dealer support sucks to say the least. All my"dealer "said is that he is just a "salesman". if you want service contact shaver. very nice ! Wake up shaver!

Hello, I was wondering if any of you shaver owners had a constant water usage issue. Also has anybody put an aquastat in the port where the dhw port is.. i seem to use alot of water in the real cold has been 10 degrees with alot of wind.Myself and a friend of mine bought these shavers and we are finding out you are pretty much on your own,:censored: dealer support sucks to say the least. All my"dealer "said is that he is just a "salesman". if you want service contact shaver. very nice ! Wake up shaver!

check out these threads, we have been modifying these quite a bit lately:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=80462&highlight=shaver

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=81190&highlight=shaver

I assume the Shaver owb is not a pressurized, closed system but rather an open, non-pressurized setup.

Check for a small boil over when your owb cycles down. The temp in the water jacket will keep rising for a few minutes after the damper closes, so if your shutoff point is around 190, then you can possibly get close to boiling.

Also be sure to check every fitting for leaks, even small drips add up over 24 hour periods. All non pressurized open vented systems lose a small amount of water over time, but I have not had to add any water to mine yet this year for instance.

Latest posts

Back