OWB storage and wood hauler pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zsteinmetz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Rain here today so couldnt be in the woods thought i would take some pics. Built the wood coral this summer out of power poles from work and 2x6 treated lumber. Got about $250 in it. There is a swinging gate on one end to unload through. Also my 88 dodge 250 with a 318 four speed. Picked it up from my buddy for $500. Its a sweet wood hauler!

ya i got a bunch of patio blocks for free i put under most of it. Some of it isn on anything

Regarding pallets

My dad always used pallets.. Darned things would bust when you walked on them.I hated them.
I feel I can sacrifice enough free firewood on the ground not to have issues I can avoid.
pallets are wood if wood is going to wick moisture out of the ground then a pallet won't stop it.
They are only good for making access easier for mice and other critters.
Oh wait my woodpile is covered now anyhow.
I have never had any of my wood try to get away so No need to corral it..
But your setup does look like an excellent way of keeping it stacked.

Nice coral zsteinmetz. You might want to consider changing the diagonal braces on those gates. Normally you'd brace the top outer corner diagonally to the bottom hinge corner. This way the weight of the gate is supported by the compression of the diagonal brace. Your bracing is under tension, not compression and although I can see you have a centre support you might be fighting with sagging gates in the future when you have them open.

I wanted it so it could be locked because i keep my splitter in there in the summer months. It is under the blue tarp in the pics.

Nice older Dodge, thats a perfect wood truck. All it needs is some racks on the boack to hold more and protect the back window.

sometimes they are down wind. With the extension most the smoke goes straight up. She doesnt mind says she likes the smell when i burn cherry.

Latest posts

Back