Owb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slofr8

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all,
I built a new house 2 years ago. 1550sq' main floor with baseboard heat.This area is heated with a centrally located wood stove with a stainless chimney.
Basement is daylight with infloor heat. 1550sq' also.
I have an oil furnace that heats the basement and domestic hot water. Stainless chimney here too.
Last year I burnt 2 1/2 cords and 660 gallons of oil. 660 gallons isn't so bad but my wood is free off my own land and who knows how high oil prices will go.
Maybe I should have installed a wood boiler in the basement but at the time I didn't want to have a lot of wood down there. The wood for the stove is in the garage and this works well for me. Also, an add on wood boiler would require another chimney and I would like to avoid this.
An outdoor wood boiler seems like a possible solution and I notice quite a few of you have them but I might be able to pick up a Tarm wood boiler for a good price and was thinking I could build and insulate a small shed to put it in outside. This would solve the wood in the basement and chimney issue . Tarms website offers this as a possible setup.
Anyone here have or know about this.
Thanks. Dan.

Back