Owner of Timber Tuff grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danthe

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm the new owner of a TimberTuff chainsaw grinder. While assembling the unit, it appears to me that I'm missing a spring to position and hold the the tooth follower. It's flipping freely wlth no downward pressure on the chain. I cannot readily identify it on the parts diagram but am I coorect in assuming that a spring is missing???

Thanks

danthe

Timber tuff

How do You like this grinder? I just got one for Christmas and its my first try with a grinder, any tips with this grinder?

I have four chains that I have grinded including rakers but I have yet to cut with them. All the chain were quite used so angle were quite off so I had to take a bit too much off the tooths to bring them back at the same angle. When I was manually filing, it's seems like I was putting more pressure on one side cause tooth on one side were all shorter.
Assembly was easy and all parts were included but I will put a stiffer spring on the tooth follower as suggested by link523.
Operation was easy. I took my time and tried to take as little from the tooth as possible. I can see that now that the chains are all similar it will be easy and fast to touch them up next time.

Best Wishes of Health and Happiness to all AS members and families for 2013.

danthe

Back