Pacific Energy Summit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA Plumber

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We took the plunge this week and replaced our old stove.

I am just borrowing the legs from the dealer until a pedestal comes in. The order keeps getting delayed and he told me to go ahead and set it up. He plans to help me change it out when the pedestal arrives.

First two Pics are the Pacific Energy. Just fired it up today.

3rd pic is our old Silent Flame. I have it on craig's list, so we'll see what happens.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I have had that same stove for a year and a half and I really like it I added the stove and 1500 square feet of house and the heating bill went down, as long as I keep it burning. I have to let it go out every monday to clean the ashes. I keep it going 6 1/2 days a week for about 6 months per winter.

I have had that same stove for a year and a half and I really like it I added the stove and 1500 square feet of house and the heating bill went down, as long as I keep it burning. I have to let it go out every monday to clean the ashes. I keep it going 6 1/2 days a week for about 6 months per winter.

It is in the 50's today. I started it and opened a lot of windows. I closed the windows about 45 minutes ago and the stove is just about running us out of the house. We had to open some doors to get the temp back to non-sweating.

So being a stove ... do you actually cook on it or is it just for heating? In NZ we'd refer to that as a free standing logfire or woodburner. My mate has one and boils up food on the top of his where my is set into an old fire place and is flush with the wall. Doesn't give out as much heat sa a free standing one but still works very well.

Yeah sounds the same as the free standing ones we use in NZ. Not suppose to cook on but certainly hot enough to do a slow cook boil up :clap:

We have the Spectrum which I believe is the model down from the Summit. My wife absolutely loves it. It gets too hot for me but as long as she's happy I'm happy. Ours was a little pricey because she had to have the Coffee Bean enamel finish, and gold door and trivet. We also have the pedestal with the built in ash tray which is really convenient. It is a real nice clean burning stove however. I had the chimney swept last month for the first time since installing it last November and the guy was shocked how clean the chimney was. Enjoy it!

Update...

Loaded 4 logs onto a few coals last night at 6:30pm.
1 - Piece of medium sized Beech
1 - Piece of medium sized Red Maple
1 - Piece of medium sized Black Gum
1 - Piece of mediumsized Red Oak.

I could have fit twice the above wood into the stove.

At 6:30am this morning there were lots of coals and threw on some wood, opened her up and in about 10 minutes she was going strong again.

So far, I am very impressed.

Back