Packwood Flea (fleece?) Market is On

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I traveled up there today. Most of the vendors were set up. I found a bargain that will cause me a lot of pain--a hoedad for $15. I saw a 1937 Sager falling axe and asked the guy how much. He wanted $150 because the handle was scarred up from using it to hold the crosscut saw when sawing up from the bottom of the log bucking. Saw a newish MacT hardhat and it was $65!! It had a sticker on the front that said 1968 in big numbers.

There are a few saws. The Kuliens that were there Memorial Day are there this time too.

Geeze, you want a hoedad, I can make that happen. Dunno why you'd want one, though.

I am planning on resuming my career as a professional tree planter. :laugh:

Nah, I plant a few trees around my place and the hoedad is easier for me than the clam digging shovel.
I return to Packwood in a few minutes. Need any overpriced items? Tacky hats? Tacky bumperstickers?
Dogwear seems to be a popular item. I could buy a dress for The Used Dog....

Pfft, naw. Remind me next GTG or whatever and I'll bring you a hoedad, or a ho-dag, if you prefer. I only have one of those freakshows, but I have no use for it. Also, I think the clam shovel is easier, long as you use it "backwards" like the pros do.

I found this for a member on here. The search has been a long one. It is a Sager 1941 falling ax. The handle is bent and also shaped into an octagon instead of an oval. There's a weird reflection off the diamond plate on the trailer.
197552d1314995399-sager-ax0001_1-jpg

197553d1314995402-sager-ax0001_2-jpg

View attachment 197552View attachment 197553

Last edited:
Back