Painting Your Plastics...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was one member that I thought sanded and then clear coated to bring back the new look.
I do have an 026 I would like to paint some weird color.
I will race all your sleds with my 1976 Arctic Cat Pantera 5000 F/A:tongue2:This is a pic of my parts sled,my rider is a lot nicer.
attachment.php

Pic dont work! :(

Still looking for someone who is willing to paint.. or some one who is willing to talk me through this. I.. Just dont wanna fudge up.

If i dont get a solid answer, im gonna try the adhesion promoter, and then some pink engine enamel. And then I will have the shop clear coat that..

:msp_wub: '97 XC600 tripple . Faster than my riding buddies (2) '98 Ski Doo formula 600's and a 98 ZR600.
And , I outweigh them by at least 50 lbs . :clap:
These old Polaris tripples pull super hard from 5500 to 8400 , I was very surprized , and I only have peanuts invested . :msp_wink:

There is only one p in triple... Something must be wrong with your buddies' '98s, because the XLT motor is way down on technology and power from the beginning. I'm a Polaris guy too, but I'll admit that an '87 Indy 600 will make more power than an XLT. Now if you have a '97 XCR 600 SE with HTG 1000 cylinders and pipes, well then good for you!

that ZR600 should be checked over... them things pull... but I agree, no way that XLT should be winning...IF it is stock... :)

img014.jpg

I did this one in krylon fusion a few years ago. The paint around the gas tank has held up well too. I used the same paint over the plastic and metal, with primer only on the metal.
I painted this 480CD Husky awhile back with enamel.Don't know how it held up,I sold it.
attachment.php

That is kinda a girly way to ride a sled:hmm3grin2orange:
I painted the black on this hood and belly pan with bed linner paint:msp_w00t:
attachment.php

Last edited:
You cant say 'snowmobile or sled' without telling me what you ride. :msp_wub:

I have a few. but My toy is a 1995 Cat.. A soon to be 144 (or 153?) ZRT 1004 Triple.. ;) AAANNND a belt drive should be arriving here soon.. :)

Its my thread.. I can derail! :) :taped::taped: :msp_w00t::msp_w00t:

Another Cat owner!! my signature will state what sled I run.... unfourtantly I'm jumping ship to a Polaris IQR hopefully. However my 02 I think will become a restoration project since there is only 500 of those out there. lol

If you guys have never seen Slednecks 5 Chris Burandt rode 2 of these sleds. One was his buddy's 730 Speedwerx SX, and one is Chris's personal D&D 720. Only 150-200 came with either 730 Speedwerx motors, or D&D 720 motors from the factory. The way you can tell is by the pipes, Speedwerx has the traditional Firecat looking twin pipe setup,and D&D made their pipes go around, not up and over the motor.

[video=youtube;TKOYBw9TbFg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKOYBw9TbFg[/video]

Last edited:
that ZR600 should be checked over... them things pull... but I agree, no way that XLT should be winning...IF it is stock... :)

IDK if it's stock . I just got it running , and rode for the first time saturday . I do know it has fresh rings , and >120lbs. per slug . The friend I got it from re-ringed it , but never mentioned any other mods . He just said " it's real fast" . He previously had another identical xc600 , and said this one is much faster than the other one . Maybe it's that 1 in 100 that just is a little better ? Maybe it thinks it's an Arctic Cat ? Who knows ?
I havn't owned a sled since 1992 , and was ALWAYS a Cat man , but this guy really wanted my Blaster for his teenage daughter . So...... the even trade was made :msp_w00t: :msp_w00t:

Back