Palm Info(For those curious)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikedSupra

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Found this site on palm pruning, safety, and other very interesting facts on palms. If your anything like me and like to read just for the reason of expanding knowledge wether useful or not you may want to check this out on a rainy day. Even you northern guys might be interested in reading it just for to learn something you didnt know about palms.

http://www.plantapalm.com/vpe/horticulture/vpe_horticulture1.htm

Anyone who keeps their old Arborist News ought to look atvol9 no 6 December 2000. p.45. A good article on how they care for palms in Spain. I'd imagine it is more important not to damage the trunks of palms as there is no secondary growth after the first few years. At least a spiked broadleaf/conifer can, given time, occlude the wounds

Great info Forrest which I will always cherish as I go about pruning palms here in The Great White North. Take off eh?

I AM CANADIAN! (or so the Molson's ad says!):D

(No offence intended, and you are free to respond in kind!)

Jumper

Dont worry....No one needs to walk on eggshells around me. I know a good wholehearted joke when I see one. Hey man, you never know when you might move to Florida! Or if you are ever here you can impress your northern friends with a Sportscenteresque "Did You Know" about palm trees.

Latest posts

Back