Palm trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rats, snakes, bees, bats etc. especially unnerving on a climb...

Palms don't cut, chip nor burn right. More of a grass on steroids, than tree wood. The bottom can have lots of sand, palm acids really hard on Stihl components, best a good wash afterwards. Can throw a throwline over top, and attach a running bowline to work up stalk, but have the pull end of the throwline under the running bowline loop to keep it open until it gets high enough to let it close.

i know you said it as a joke but how well would this work on a palm?

Better than a misery whip I'm sure!

Actually a very sharp axe can get certain species of palm on the ground pretty fast!

On others like a very young vibrant canary island date palm, better bring a sleeping bag and a medkit!

The tallest tree in the world may be a coast redwood currently, or a regnans euc in the past, however the longest tree in the world is a palm that grows in a vine like manner in sub-tropical forest canopies. Well over a thousand feet plus long!

Palms are full of surprises!

jomoco

Better than a misery whip I'm sure!

Actually a very sharp axe can get certain species of palm on the ground pretty fast!

On others like a very young vibrant canary island date palm, better bring a sleeping bag and a medkit!

The tallest tree in the world may be a coast redwood currently, or a regnans euc in the past, however the longest tree in the world is a palm that grows in a vine like manner in sub-tropical forest canopies. Well over a thousand feet plus long!

Palms are full of surprises!

jomoco

Wow..

Any pictures or the name of the species so I can look it up. That is amazing. The are one interesting tree/grass/monocot thing to deal with.

Dangerous.

Learn Something every day though.

Mike

Latest posts

Back