Panther pro mills

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks sturdy enough, but if you put UHMW on the bottom rails (highly recommended if you are using a metal guide rail), the UHMW will interfere with the mill's adjustment.

They are certainly good value for money.

The one thing I don't like about their design is the bar clamps are too long. That means if the cut is close to full bar width it is not as easy to maneuver around lumps and bumps in the log. The shorter the clamps are the better. No clamps or end on nose clamps are better still

They are certainly good value for money.

The one thing I don't like about their design is the bar clamps are too long. That means if the cut is close to full bar width it is not as easy to maneuver around lumps and bumps in the log. The shorter the clamps are the better. No clamps or end on nose clamps are better still

I agree, and would add the fasteners have to be checked frequently. Or add nuts to the set bolts as I did. It is the one I use.

attachment.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a05TRzDLr2I

mweba, What size is your mill? I will probably get the 24" one and put a 26" bar on it. You put a handle on yours I think. How could you do that with out welding it?

mweba, how are you fastening your ladder to the log?

Large short deck screws. It seams to work good. I'm in the begining stages of milling so my methods are not sophisticated.

mweba, What size is your mill? I will probably get the 24" one and put a 26" bar on it. You put a handle on yours I think. How could you do that with out welding it?

I don't remember the exact size he called it. The mill fits this 36" bar easiely. A piece of square tube that fits the iner diameter of the mill is all that is needed for a handle. I just happen to have a welder and round bar laying around.

I have the 24" model and like it pretty much, it seems to work well..

I think the size (24") is just the max it will cut, I used a 20" bar on mine the first time I used it but now use a 28"..

Last edited:
Let you know

I just bought one of his "rail type" mills. It slides on a 2x2 steel bed. He's supposed to ship it to me this week, I'll let you know how it works out. I bought a new 660 to use on it, with a 32" bar. The mill is supposed to cut a 22" log, I hope the bar is not too long. all together the whole thing is a little pricey, but I wanted a decent sized saw, and the mill will mount on a small trailer I have. I probably should have built my own, but I'm new to this hobby and didn't want to build something that would cut my "dew dads" off. I'll try to pose a couple of pics, if you promise not to laugh. :monkey:

Back