Part number for 346xp bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weatherby

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the part number for a 16" Oregon powermatch bar in 3/8" and .050 for a husqvarna 346xp?

Thanks

I checked out the Oregon book and I came up with # 160RNDK095. That is 3/8 .050 with 60 drive links. All that it showed for the 346XP was the 325 bar but I think this should work for you.

Ralph ND

Rob
Pic didnt post again....sorry,here it is.
I forgot to tell you that if you are going to cut anything larger than limbs,use a 7 tooth sprocket.I've used both a 7 and an 8 with the 3/8 chain and it just pulls way better with the 7.
Mike.

That is a common bar tail pattern and interchanges with the smaller Dolmars, Jonsereds, Efcos, and Solos. But it is not as common in 3/8, most of them are .325/.058. I got a pile of em.

I wouldn't think there would be anything uniquely advantageous about the Oregon version.

Does the 346 come with 3/8 chain?

Tony,
My 346 came with a .325 but since I have quite a bit of 3/8 chain,I opted for a smaller 16" bar (came with an 18) and a Spline sprocket system so I could use it all.It probably works alittle harder and probably not as fast using the bigger chain but I'm not in a big hurry to get out of the woods anyway.
As soon as the my loops of 3/8 are used up,I'll go back to the .
Mike.
The Bald Eagle in the shot followed me around for a few hrs on the last trip into the woods..............Pretty cool.

I appreciate you bringing your 3/8" conversion to front. I run .325 .058 on the 346XP, and was considering beefing up to a 3/8, .058 and here, that's what you've been running for a time now.

Your insight helps my trial along without actually having to do it..... you've been there, done that.

On another thread we were discussing sticking a carving bar on a 346XP, and I volunteered to buy the hardware and give it a whack. The question became whether to use as 7 or 8 pin sprocket.

I was going to run the 3/8 low profile chain on the carving bar 346, and run 16" 3/8 .058 full-chisel on the other 346, kinda giving opposite ends of the chain ferocity spectrum.

Back