Part Time????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking for some input here. I am looking at getting into the tree trimming buisness part time. Mainly taking down smaller trees and cutting them up. I would like to learn how to climb properly and safely. Where can I go to learn more about climbing and cutting? I am egar to learn, I don't want to go out and learn by making errors, those errors could cost more than I care to loose. Educate me! Thanks for the input.I live outside of syracuse New York.:D

Brian,
Have you considered working for someone else part time until you learn what you feel is required?

Brian

You want to do exactly what I did. I started 8 yrs. ago. I had run a chain saw 3 times prior to this. I was lucky enough to hook up with a local climbing champ. Although I didn't work with him much, he told me about the local TREE CLIMBING JAMBOREE. Thats where it all started. You not find a more helpful people anywhere else. Go and ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask!!! This sight will help you a great deal too. Good Luck and be safe.

ArborMaster

Hi Brian, there are going to be a few spring and fall classes offered through ArborMaster in cooperation with Commercial Cutters Direct, in Warners. Call Scott Harris at CCD at 800-611-8486, ArborMaster at 860-429-5028 or [email protected]. The first module is Climbing and precision felling, June 10-13. The second module is Level 1 and Level 2 Rigging, September 22-26. Climbing and felling is a pre-req for the rigging module. Hurry up and call, early registration ends May 13th. Russ

Latest posts

Back