Partner 5000 plus

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otye

Reaction score
I have a Partner 5000 Plus and wondered if anyone knew of the options available when it comes to sourcing compatible piston and cylinder. I remember reading somewhere that there is a meteor kit that can be used - maybe with slight modification. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Not sure, but any windowed piston of the right diameter should work. Tho it might require some clearancing.

This is more of a "bump" than anything to defer to someone who knows for sure.

Another thing, I think a husky 50 is similar..

This thread would get more traction in the "chainsaw" section methinks..

Oh, and it's a great saw worth fixing.

I think...? the husky 55 is loosley baised on the 5000. It might be that a 55 piston that is windowed would work...I think there were some early 55's that had closed port top ends....so there might be an aftermarket piston out there for it..

good luck
sap can

Can your cylinder be saved? Remove the transfer by hand or flapper and then throw another piston kit in it. Aftermarket piston kits all that is out there now.

That used to be my favorite small saw for use and race many years ago.

Sold all my used and NOS sets already. But if cyl savable do above.

If not look a partner 500 for a open port. Jonsered 490 44mm, 590 45mm. Husky 51-55, Jobu 44mm etc

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 0
  • p5000pc.jpg
    p5000pc.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 0
  • p5000nos.JPG
    p5000nos.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 0
  • p5000500x.jpg
    p5000500x.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 0
  • p5000pipe.jpg
    p5000pipe.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0
  • partnersign1.jpg_thumb.png
    partnersign1.jpg_thumb.png
    614.9 KB · Views: 0
If your cylinder is useable, Chainsawr has a decent white box piston. I have seen guys use a 246 piston or modify the cylinder to bottom feed and run an open port 50/500 piston as well.
I'm not sure when the case bore changed on that chassis, but on the Husky's it was 87. You can put a 46mm 55 jug on there, but you may need to open up the case bore/reduce the diameter of the cylinder flange to make it work.
I would do everything I could to salvage the stock cylinder though, all of the open port jugs are a serious downgrade.

Back