Partner P85 gastank vent...Need help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just put a new carb kit in my p85 and it runs awsome. unfortunatly, the gastank vent started leaking. I backed the screw out that holds the felt cap in place and the whole assembly started turning. Is this pressed in the plastic tank? Is there any way of tightening it? does it pull out? Need help, it's leaking too much to use the saw. Thanks

Fixed it. I was able to hold the whole assembly by gripping it from the iside of the tank with a curved tip needle nose. I could then tighten the screw on the end. i ran a half a tank through the saw to make sure it was breathing; it is.
Here is the baffling part the whole breather assembly still spins freely but it doesn't leak any gas. I filled it full and left it over night. it was dry around the the assembly. How does it seal? Is there and o-ring or something on the inside? The chainsaw nut in me want's to take it out just to see but the common sense side won out and I'm going to leave it alone.

Just a wild guess here but could it just be a rubber (or sumthin) gasket/washer on the nut? Maybe there's enough gas breaking down to create enough pressure to seal the leak the rest of the way? A cat's curiousity, a dangerous thing.

Sprig said:
Just a wild guess here but could it just be a rubber (or sumthin) gasket/washer on the nut? Maybe there's enough gas breaking down to create enough pressure to seal the leak the rest of the way? A cat's curiousity, a dangerous thing.

possibly on the inside of the tank, Theres a flange on the outside but It looks like aluminum against the plastic tank. I left the saw on it's side last night as another leak test with no leakage. I would like to see a parts breakdown.

Latest posts

Back