Parts for old pole pruner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janscow.com

Reaction score
I have an old Corona 1600 pole pruner that I bought when I was a much younger man in the late 70's (I think). It's been a great tool, but it broke recently. It has wrapped fiberglass poles (sucks if you don't wear gloves) that snap together with a spring loaded button that fits into a hole in the sleeve of the next pole. Poles are in various lengths and I recall when I bought it, it cost $10 a foot for the pole pieces ( a lot of money back then). I bought a 4', 6', and 8' poles originally. Anyway, the part that broke was a plastic part that connects the Corona 1600 head to the first section of pole. The whole reason I bought this tool was so I could feel a little safer around minor power lines after cutting through a 220 volt line at a house. (I've never tried it out to see if it was for real thankfully, but I was told when I bought it that I could cut through a power line and live to tell..) I think that is why the piece is plastic. It's held up all these years, but now I need a new part. I don't think they still sell this type of pole so I doubt they have an adapter either. Anyone have any idea where I might look for something like this? I could send a photo if it helps.

Back