Parts for Remington Super 754??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello, new to the group. Lots of good information. I am looking for parts for my Remington Super 754, 5.5 HP, 88cc's. Have rebuilt the carb (found parts), inspected and cleaned saw, need parts for the recoil starter (apears to be mfg. by Fairbanks Morse). Starter pawls will not grab inside of drive cup. Does anyone please have any ideas where parts can be located? Any and all info greatly appreciated. Saw was mfg'ed after 1965.
I plan on using it with my Alaskan 36 with a 36" or 42" bar.?!?!?!

Some time ago I bought Rem parts from Foerst Lytle & Sons in Cincinatti. Might do a search and contact them. They might have something left.

You can revive the starter dogs by removing the center E clip (careful, slight spring tension). Remove and clean the 2 fiber washers. They acts as brakes that cause the dogs to come out. If oily, they slip and dogs do not work properly.

Bob

Parts for Remington Super 754

When you remove the e-clip to clean the washers make another one from gasket material and put it under the existing one. That has worked for me in the past. Tom

Rem 754

Thanks for the sugestions and info.
I smoothed up the inside of the drive cup with 80 grit sand paper and seemed to allow the dogs to catch sporadically. Maybe enough to get it started and see if it is worth spending money on (free saw has already cost $25 for carb rebuild kit). I will degrease the fiber washers (especially since I disasembled it upon receipt, cleaned and lubricated) and see if it improves.

The dogs seem to already operate as advertised as for as extending out. They do not bite on the inside of drive cup.

Last edited:
holy-necro-bump.jpg

Yea I never got to see it run but the stories my old man used to tell me made me want one. He said cops would be called half the time he fired it up to cut wood at guys houses. He sold it in the mid to late 90's and wasn't running at the time. So here I am trying to get one that we can run every now and then for fun.

Back