Past Jonsered models..or others

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ford832

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Having a new Jred and the old Partner got me to thinking-I should have more of these:D .The question is,which of these stand out either because they were particularly good,or bad for that matter.Along the same lines with Stihl,Husky or others.What stands out in your mind and why-technolgical innovation,superior design,workmanship or poor design,reliability,overweight etc.Just my own curiosity as I'm new to this sort of thing.If this has been covered already my apologies and feel free to beat me down:buttkick:

hey ford 832,i like the older sachs.i have a 113 that i use lots.they were sold around here for quite awhile and people realy liked them.at the time most people around were using pioneers or homelites and compared to the sachs they vibrated more and were more work to keep running.there are still many sachs from the 80's around the community and still being used.

Having a new Jred and the old Partner got me to thinking-I should have more of these:D .The question is,which of these stand out either because they were particularly good,or bad for that matter.Along the same lines with Stihl,Husky or others.What stands out in your mind and why-technolgical innovation,superior design,workmanship or poor design,reliability,overweight etc.Just my own curiosity as I'm new to this sort of thing.If this has been covered already my apologies and feel free to beat me down:buttkick:

2171 should be a really nice one, and the 2083 (not II) is my dream saw more often than not........:D :D :rockn:

For what reason Troll?And whats a II?Later model?
I remember when I bought my Stihl I looked at a Sachs Dolmar as well.Are these the same thing enjoys cutting or were they earlier?

I bought my 026 back in....lets see..married in 91:bang: ...before that...about 88 or so.The dealer down the road from the Stihl shop had Sachs-Dolmars.I'm not sure how those are related to modern day or who owns who with what but I'm sure some know.......:popcorn:

For what reason Troll?And whats a II?Later model?
I remember when I bought my Stihl I looked at a Sachs Dolmar as well.Are these the same thing enjoys cutting or were they earlier?

The 2083 has an 82.4cc engine, while the 2083II has the smaller 76.5 cc one...;)
The 2083 was replaced pretty soon by the 2083II in the US, for emissions reasons, but not here.

The 2171 is basically the same saw as the Husky372xp.

Last edited:
2171 should be a really nice one, and the 2083 (not II) is my dream saw more often than not........:D :D :rockn:

Troll, here's something you would have liked to get in on: Over here, we also had a yellow version of that saw under the Poulan Pro label. (Model 475??).

When Poulan Pro decided to give up on selling real saws, the distributor here in the northeast took a bunch of them to the NY State logging show in Boonville and dumped them for $200 a pop!

What a deal that was! They just dumped all of the good stuff. Also had the 325, which was the smaller Partner based model, along with some of the Pioneer models they had left.

Wouldn't it be nice to walk into that booth today with a wad of cash?

The Poulan Pro 475 was 76.5cc, like the original Partner P7700, Jred 2077 and 2083II.
The PP 505 was 82.4 cc, like the 2083.

There also were PP and Partner verions of 70.7 and 65cc, but no Jreds.

The Poulan Pro 475 was 76.5cc, like the original Partner P7700, Jred 2077 and 2083II.
The PP 505 was 82.4 cc, like the 2083.

There also were PP and Partner verions of 70.7 and 65cc, but no Jreds.

Thanks. I always get those models mixed up. But, it was the larger one then, the 505, that was going for $200 that day. Guys were walking out of there with one on each shoulder.

If you want to try an older Jonsy then you need to try a 670, awesome power to weight ratio and great durability.

The 670 West Coast and 670 Super (or Champ) were the best models. I have a 920 also which still has so much compression it feels like you are breaking your fingers if you pull it wrong, lol.

If you want to try an older Jonsy then you need to try a 670, awesome power to weight ratio and great durability.

The 670 West Coast and 670 Super (or Champ) were the best models. I have a 920 also which still has so much compression it feels like you are breaking your fingers if you pull it wrong, lol.

I am pretty sure the 670 and 630 were the first Jreds to be made at the Husky factory (from about 1982)......

Although being owned by Husky at this point I assume their models were still their own and later new models were branded as both or did some of the then current Jred models become Huskies...or not?

Although being owned by Husky at this point I assume their models were still their own and later new models were branded as both or did some of the then current Jred models become Huskies...or not?

Not really, but a few Partners did - sort of, a long time ago......:D

The first electrolux or "husky" jonsereds were the 450's, 520's, 910's, 920's ect. The 670 is not really an old Jonsered. If you want to get old, the best Jonsereds were the 90's, 70's, 52e's, 49sp, ect. they were in a class all there own.

The first electrolux or "husky" jonsereds were the 450's, 520's, 910's, 920's ect. The 670 is not really an old Jonsered. If you want to get old, the best Jonsereds were the 90's, 70's, 52e's, 49sp, ect. they were in a class all there own.

One mistake there - the 910 was one of the very last "pure" Jonsereds. The replacement 920 was influenced by Husky, and had a Partner style handlebar system.......

The 670, 630 and later the 625 is a different type of story, as the were actually based on existing Husky models, and made at the Husky factory - even though there were more differenses than in todays saws.

Back