Pay Increase For Electric Price Hike?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLEARVIEW TREE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here in Tennesse our power is generated by the Tennessee Valley Authority, better known as TVA. We were told that our electric statement for october would increase by 20%....yikes, it did that for sure!. Well, for November we saw on the local news where the head cheese wad for TVA had a pay increase from 2.75 million bucks to 3.25 million bucks starting in November! Hmmm, so much for legitimate purchases, looks like the chowder head just couldn't make do with a couple million in his wallet! Man, has anyone seen such a catastrophe near their locale? Our dollars are really bein put to good use????????? And to think my mom's a 2 time cancer survivor, by the grace of God, and was turned down on aid programs,etc. many times. Pathetic guys!!!:censored:

It happens all the time. Times are tough, but the CEOs and other bigwigs still find a way to get huge bonuses every year.
It happened just recently with the bailout package that the banks got. The banks say they are struggling and need money to stay in business, yet as soon as the government gave them that money, the CEOs all got huge bonuses.
Its not right, but it happens all the time.
The rich get richer at the expensive of the middle class.

I went to a continuing education class in Charlotte NC around 8 years ago and there was a professor from NCSU there doing a class. I cant remember what it was on exactly but I do remember him saying that the NC mountains were the most polluted place in the USA 2nd to Los Angelos. the reason for the pollution was the TVA. It was very interesting and if you look at the trees that have died in the Smokey mountains it makes sense. I am very conservative but I also try to be as honest and I can be. I agree that it is ridiculous that people would get bonuses as the company they run collapse around them .I know our local electric company is a Coop and the president of it makes over 400k a year. Most people here do not know that or an uproar would take place as it should.The world is really screwed up there is no balance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back