peach tree problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenworth444

Reaction score
I have a peach tree that was blown over in the wind i cut it down because it couldn't be saved, it split the trunk and both sides were on the ground . I cut some branches off and placed them in water i heard if you place branches in water they would develop roots and could then be planted any help on how best to do this or if i'm totally out of my mind please let me know.

Some trees (such as willow) are easy to root just by placing the cut ends in water. Most are more difficult and require hormone applications and special mediums in order for a significant percentage to develop roots. I have never tried to start peaches from cuttings but suspect it will be somewhat difficult. If you did not remove the stump there is a good likelyhood that it will sprout. -However , if the tree was grafted you may wind up with something different than you had.Wishing you success. Justin

peach tree problem

the stumps still there but its in pretty poor shape. should i put any kind of sealer on the stump to reduce disease. Also when trying to get roots to start with twigs should i add any fertilizer to help it along. thanks abunch!

Latest posts

Back